• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Why This Doesnt Work?

• Attack2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters 2Tower <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0124 <gen> to Attack Ground ((Position of Cannon Tower 0124 <gen>) offset by 1300.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0124 <gen> to Stop
  • Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters 1Tower <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0125 <gen> to Attack Ground ((Position of Cannon Tower 0125 <gen>) offset by 1300.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0125 <gen> to Stop
  • Attack3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters 3Tower <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0123 <gen> to Attack Ground ((Position of Cannon Tower 0123 <gen>) offset by 1300.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0123 <gen> to Stop
  • Attack4
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters 4Tower <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0122 <gen> to Attack Ground ((Position of Cannon Tower 0122 <gen>) offset by 1300.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0122 <gen> to Stop
  • Attack5
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters 5Tower <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0121 <gen> to Attack Ground ((Position of Cannon Tower 0121 <gen>) offset by 1300.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0121 <gen> to Stop
  • Attack6
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters 6Tower <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0120 <gen> to Attack Ground ((Position of Cannon Tower 0120 <gen>) offset by 1300.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Cannon Tower 0120 <gen> to Stop

Level 28
Can you give more information, please?
What are the stats of the towers, what works, what doesn't? (it doesn't do anything/only a few triggers work/...).

• Can the tower attack ground?
  • there are 2 leaks in every trigger (hasn't got anything to do with whether it works or not, but remove them).
  • Is the range long enough?

It's not efficient either =/

@Pharaoh: as far as I see 1300 range should be far enough for the min range :O

Level 4
Make sure towers have the "Artillery Splash" attack set, so they actually 'have' the Attack Ground ability.

Other than that, looks like a simple enough trigger. Something has to be wrong with the unit you're using.

Level 28
Erm... weird, does it have anything to do with the regions?

Edit: Allright, I've found out the problem...
The attack type needs to be "Artillery", not "Missile (splash)" (I didn't read that part, sorry ^^)

And here's a stupid test-map I've made because I was bored -.- (based on your problem, I do that a lot, problems are a source of inspiration :p).

Attachments

• Bomber-thing.w3x
    17 KB · Views: 42
Level 28
Haha, i checked your triggers, you are really good =)

Thanks ^^ I'm not really that good anyway :/ I used Copy/paste a lot in that map :p

I don't make maps (anymore), though... only these kind of things when I get bored.
I can't finish anything I create :(

I'm sorry to say it again, but can I take a look at the map then? ^^
Just upload it is an attachement or something... if you want to.

Level 28
Here are a few tips:
  • Give all enemy units the ability "Locust"
  • Erm, the snow is pretty hard to see next to the ice... I died quite a lot because I couldn't see it was snow ^^
  • The 3th or 4th level (the first red level) is messed up: if you die, you keep sliding when you respawn.
    Because of that, I couldn't go on anymore (I automatically slide down, to the ice and can't go back up, where I should be).
  • There are a lot of leaks, try to fix all of them :)
  • The terrain was a typical escape-map-style-terrain, try to add more... beauty in it :D

Well, as far as I've seen it isn't really bad... but I wouldn't recommend it, because it still has some bugs and isn't really original.
Try to do more with the terrain (even escape-maps can have nice terrains ^^), fix the bug(s) and well... do what I've said above ^^

I really wanted to check the map further, but couldn't go on because of that bug :/

Status
Not open for further replies.