• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, this may be ver simple problem, but anyway:

When I make sea by 'Apply cliff: Deep water',
there are spots and places where the terrain didn't turn into deep water,
and when I try to remove them, they enlarge or split and then continue this indifinetely.

Also, on some spots there are empty squares on the sea, which reveal the terrain. How can I remove these? (If I rise cliff there, the whole thing mentioned before happens)

Uh, thanks if you can help!

EDIT: I've been wondering the light blue and darker blue water's on minimap. How can you change them?

Level 7
It's not working well since the very first warcraft 3 version.
If cliffs split, it's alot work with alot patient to remove it. And mostly you need to win the lottery to succesfully remove it..

The best what you can do is to don't use cliffs.
Create maps with deep water and use the Raise Height tool to create hills and walkable area.

There are alot of tutorials for this kind of terraining here on hive!

However the different color can be avoided if you use the raise height tool and make it a little bit heigher on the light blue areas.

Level 3
Thanks for your answer.

Perhaps you could tell me more of this cliff-splitting, or give me a link? I can't find more about this subject or then I'm bad googler.
Or is it completly random and that's it?

Level 7
There's of course a 'system' behind it and it might be fixed with alot of time.
But this don't work always, that's why I said it's not working well.

Just test out to draw a line of deep water from different angles arount the cliff you want to remove. If it's not working, just Undo the last step (ctrl + z).

You should check out this awesome tutorial:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ezs-complete-terraing-tutorial-v1-0-a-114203/

Status
Not open for further replies.