• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Problem with Paladons knockback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I got some problem with Paladons knockback. Its the abillity on the spells screenshot I got problems with, when I cast the spell, it looks fine but when the target has been knockbacked, my hero make the spell again and again, until the unit is dead. And then... no cooldown!? I use the spell again, and the same thing happens, but now with a cooldown. Where can the wrong be? In object editor, or?

Or is it something in this trigger?

• Depulso WTF COOLDOWN
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Depulso
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (80.00 x (Real((Level of Depulso for (Triggering unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Set KBA_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set KBA_TargetUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set KBA_StartingPosition = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set KBA_Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Set KBA_Speed = 15.00
      • Set KBA_DistancePerLevel = 300.00
      • Set KBA_SpecialEffects[1] = Abilities\Spells\Undead\OrbOfDeath\OrbOfDeathMissile.mdl
      • Trigger - Run Cast A Knockback <gen> (checking conditions)
I am really n00by at triggers, so tell me all details! Rep for they who helps me!

In fact, with "starting the effect blabla" you're avoiding that bug.
It only appears with "starts casting spell".

Thats the reason I use my spell helper systems to make them not able to cast it 1000 times and be able to do something on spell effect too, even if at ability cast the ability can be pressed again, but on spell effect it can't but it bugs with Target Location of ability and things like that.

If anyone needs that system just ask.

Anachron I have no idea what bugs you are talking about. Spell effect definatly does not have them what every they are.

Well there are 2 events:

A unit starts the effect of an ability &
A unit begins casting an ability

With the fist, you can cheat with pressing etc and forcing it to trigger it again.
So your spell will be called 1000x times in jass.

The second will work better, but it doesn't have some variables anymore.
Variables like TargetPointOfAbilityCasted and those things are bugged.

However, if you want to use an unbuggy versions with all all variables, you need to
make your own system which saves that things.

I see you didn't knew this problem before. Even you can learn from me :p

Level 24
SOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVED
SOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVED
SOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVED
SOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVED

ok i hope that is enough ^^

this is solved so why still complain about such things?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
A unit starts the effect of an ability does not bug, as it runs after cool down and mana drain. Also it allows you to fully get the target point and stuff like that.

What ever you are saying about it is a lie and obviously you have not tried it.
I believe you are getting confused with a unit ends an ability which does not let you get such parameters.

A unit starts the effect of an ability does not bug, as it runs after cool down and mana drain. Also it allows you to fully get the target point and stuff like that.

What ever you are saying about it is a lie and obviously you have not tried it.
I believe you are getting confused with a unit ends an ability which does not let you get such parameters.

I don'T get it, because I tried it and it bugs. Did you ever check both of the events and the Targets you are able to save? You should try and check spamming, one does spam and does allow to save all of the target, the other disallows spamming but also does not work correctly so far.

I see that its something new to you. Just try it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Anachron, unfortunatly for you I have made a spell using the starts and effect of an ability and it is not exploitable due to triggering after the mana has been drained and cooldown turned on. Also unfortunatly for you it does use the spell target location and casting unit and works fine.
Infact my spell was one of the runners up for the one spell mini contest, proving how well that even works.

The map I have provided here, if you can recreate these "bugs" that you say that even has with that spell, please tell me as well as how you provoked them.

Attachments

• Natures Aid V1.1.w3x
    44.5 KB · Views: 28
Anachron, unfortunatly for you I have made a spell using the starts and effect of an ability and it is not exploitable due to triggering after the mana has been drained and cooldown turned on. Also unfortunatly for you it does use the spell target location and casting unit and works fine.
Infact my spell was one of the runners up for the one spell mini contest, proving how well that even works.

The map I have provided here, if you can recreate these "bugs" that you say that even has with that spell, please tell me as well as how you provoked them.

I don't know why or how but I am having it all day long. To fix it I need to save those things into global variables. But maybe its up to my version, I have no official release version of wc3. (I bought an advanced version)

Status
Not open for further replies.