• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Problem with model size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I seem to have a problem with the Terran/Protoss Gate (by The Silent) model what i did was that i made a copy of a gate change the model but the model just won't get the right size any suggestions on why and how to solve this?

Model:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/terran-protoss-gate-166669/?prev=d=list&r=20&c=11&t=6

What i did in detail:
-Copy pasted StandardDestrutibles\Tree/Destrutibles\Gate
-Changed "Art - Fixed Rotation" to 90
-Changed "Art - Model File" to war3mapImported\StarCraftGate2.mdl
-Changed "Art - Selection Size - Game" to 400
-Changed "Combat - Armor Type" to Metal
-Changed "Editor - Tilesets" to All
-Changed "Pathing - Pathing Texture (Dead)" to NONE
-Changed "Stats - Hit Points" to 1000
-Changed "Text - Name" to Metal Gate

Note:
The gate is like a miniature version of itself.

Last edited:
Level 28
-Changed "Art - Selection Size - Game" to 400
This is the size of the circle around the model when selected, not the size of the model itself.

You need to change "Editor - Minimum/Maximum Scale" in order to change the scale of the model.
Try min = 1.0, max = 10.0 first, then change the size after placing the model to make it easier to find the right size. Once that's done, set minimum and maximum to the same value so it's always the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.