• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Problem with map - AW LR (jass new gen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Recently when i was playing on map Azeroth Wars LR downloaded from hiveworkshop I got the idea. I wanted to do single player vesion, where i can control all factions and arranges battle and wars like i wan't. It's impossible to do on multiplayer and playing alone on original map, so i started to edit map. I couldn't open this map with normal editor, so i used ( the advice of some friends) i opened map in map editor "jass new gen pack5d". It fix this problem. I opened map and I did all triggers what i need. Everythinks is ok with triggers, i tested map ingame, but appeared 1 problem. Mountains through which you couldn't move or build on them "spoiled". You can now move and build on them, what i really don't wan't becouse it spoil my game. There is my question. Does someone know how i can back old state mountains ( without adding everywhere blocking patchs) but with keep my triggers. Please anserw. (i'm newbie in programs like jass, i know only how to make normal map with some easy triggers)

Some links:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com(...)-131170/ - original map
http://diplomunion.com(...)uncement - subject on authors page about this map
http://imageshack.us/f/812/wyzwalacze.png/ - triggers what i used ( additionally in properties of alliances I left only 1 page and i pointed everything except "Alliance" and "Alliance Victory"

*** Very sorry for my english, i'm still learning ***

Level 14
In JassNewGenPack go to -> UMSWE -> Customize Tile Pathability

Change the tile that your using on the cliffs to not be buildable.

I hope this helps.

In Editor click P on keyboard or go to View and select show pathing ground. PINK color will show areas you where ground units can't go. Go to doodads screen, pathing blockers and start placing large and normal placing blocker on custom created cliffs and other map areas.

You can hold SHIFT to palce doodad with pathing over another pathing.

This should fix problem.

Level 14
In Editor click P on keyboard or go to View and select show pathing ground. PINK color will show areas you where ground units can't go. Go to doodads screen, pathing blockers and start placing large and normal placing blocker on custom created cliffs and other map areas.

You can hold SHIFT to palce doodad with pathing over another pathing.

This should fix problem.

Read this:

There is my question. Does someone know how i can back old state mountains ( without adding everywhere blocking patchs) but with keep my triggers. Please anserw. (i'm newbie in programs like jass, i know only how to make normal map with some easy triggers)

Apparently the OP opened the map, and it seems as if the pathing of the terrain tiles was removed after he did so because it did work before, explained here:

I opened map and I did all triggers what i need. Everythinks is ok with triggers, i tested map ingame, but appeared 1 problem. Mountains through which you couldn't move or build on them "spoiled". You can now move and build on them, what i really don't wan't becouse it spoil my game.

That's why I suggest him to change the pathing of the tile that does not work anymore for him.

Level 2
I wanted to repair "Rock" tile. I did everything what you said, save map, restart map editor load map and again save. I checked map and it still doesn't work. I have only 2 idea now what is wrong here.
1. I can don't have in jassnewgenpack editor tile what which serve as cliffs.
2.Second cliff - Snow - work, i don't know why, in UMSWE every snow have marked buildable and walkable. But in this snow name behind Snow stay ( Cliff ). Behind all rock name what i changed there doesn't have that here. What I can do now? I really wan't play this map in my version :ogre_frown:

Level 14
Could you perhaps send a screenshot with your terrain layer active and the UMSWE Customize Tile Pathability window open?

Also: are you sure your using the same "Rock" tile as the one in the UMSWE Customize Tile Pathability window?

Press P in your editor as sugested by -Kobas- and check if the "Rock" tile is blue...

Level 2
Level 14
I don't know :/ i don't have any idea how to check it :/

1. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/mapbk.png/
2. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/map2ck.png/
3. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/map3s.png/

I found something a moment ago!- omg! ( 2 first screen are from edit map, third screen is from ORGINAL! :O)

Are you saying your problem is solved since they are the same? Have you tested it in game?

Blue is unbuildable, purple is unwalkable, isn't it already doing what it is supposed to do? Or do you mean that the gaps inbetween are giving problems?
This is displayed due to lowered/raised ground even though it should be working there too...
Are you sure that the terrain being used for the rock is Village Fall Rock? Make sure it's the same in your terrain pallet.

Level 2
I don't know. It's stupid. In orginal map rock is blue too, but it's unbuildable and unwalkable. In my version it's too blue, but it is walkable and buildable. I don't have any idea what i can do. Maybe it's editor or any program fault. I don't know. Like i said, i'm newbie in jass etc. :goblin_cry: . How i can check it what rock tile is used on map? (yeye stupid question). I sent message to map author. Maybe he know how to help me.

Level 14
I don't know. It's stupid. In orginal map rock is blue too, but it's unbuildable and unwalkable. In my version it's too blue, but it is walkable and buildable. I don't have any idea what i can do. Maybe it's editor or any program fault. I don't know. Like i said, i'm newbie in jass etc. :goblin_cry: . How i can check it what rock tile is used on map? (yeye stupid question). I sent message to map author. Maybe he know how to help me.

Hmm that's odd indeed, could you attach both maps so we can examine them?

Level 2
I have new information!

I test original map version on wc3 - everythink work. Than i opened map with my jass new gen pack map editor, i added 1 build and i saved map. I opened this edited map in wc3 and tile don't work. It's summary of my problem. I only used jass new gen, nothing more.

Level 18
i used this the problem is that the rock you use is the village rock or something like that since there are lots of rocks there you will get confused i'm making an azeroth wars as a second project 2 about cataclysm so i had to fix this at the start.

Level 14
I have new information!

I test original map version on wc3 - everythink work. Than i opened map with my jass new gen pack map editor, i added 1 build and i saved map. I opened this edited map in wc3 and tile don't work. It's summary of my problem. I only used jass new gen, nothing more.

Are you sure that you've set up JassNewGenPackage correctly and that UMSWE -> Custom Tile Pathability is checked?
If it's unchecked then the custom pathability that is used for the tileset will be set to default after the map is saved.
It needs to be checked in order to save the custom tile pathability.

Follow this guide for reference on setting up your JassNewGenPackage:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...456/how-download-install-confige-jngp-160547/

EDIT: I'm not saying the same thing as my first post. Look carefully ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.