• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with importing Modells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, i imported a lot of modells to a selfmade world editor map, most of them worked well like in the importing tutorial (save, quit worldeditor etc.) but a few just appear as a green/black cube, i deleted and reimported them but nothing changed. i also checked that blp have right path and that portrait is imported too. i dont understand why some modells work well and others dont appear when im doing the same process.
here a few examples of modells that doesnt work:
deathwing
brutal lord
gryphon hero
lindormr dragon
prime matron

ty for help :)

Level 18
Seems like you're still doing something wrong... Check this:

• All models are completely imported? (.mdx, .blp some more textures or portrait?)
  • All files have the correct paths that are given from the author?
  • Models without paths have removed "wc3imported\"?
  • Did you restart the WE after importing the models?
  • Have no spelling mistakes like accidently removing some letters or forgot some?

Tested Deathwing (think you ment the one from Kwalti) and works well:

Attachments

• deathwing_proof.JPG
    deathwing_proof.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 96
  • import_manager.JPG
    import_manager.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 83
Level 2
1. i imported all: mdx, blp, _portrait.mdx, Wings.blp
2. author has given only 2 paths and they are correct
3. i removed all "wc3imported\" so i have only "Deathwing.mdx" as path for example
4. i did
5. no, i checked all

its confusing

Level 2
i checked your list at some other modells that didnt work and now they work, deathwing is the only one that doesnt but i checked like 100 times :/
/edit: okay some others like brutal lord dont work too

Level 18
Don't double post, there's and edit button for such things..

Tried the stuff you can see on my screenshot?
It's working for me and I just removed the wc3imported part for all 4 files.. restarted the editor,
and then changed one unit's model to Deathwing and placed it somwhere on the map. That's all..

Level 2
i belive u that it works for you, i think there s no problem with the modell,it s something with my editor. 1/3 of all models i import doesnt work, but they all work for others and i am 100% sure that i did right paths, i tryed every possibilty.
error massage is: data could not be load: xyz.mdl

Status
Not open for further replies.