• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with Imported Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Now before I get spammed, I can't find a real spot for this topic, and I spent at least half an hour looking for the right forum, so if a mod could move it if it doesn't belong here, I would be much obliged.

Before we start talking, I am useing the Blackhand model by Urzdrengi, I probably typod his name, its not at the type of my head. I am also useing this "thrall" version of the model http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=1782&sid=

I know this model works as I have seen it in a campaign previously, the raiders one that won DC on wc3sear.ch

anyways to the point, when I import the model, portrait, and skin, they all work, there are 2 skins, but I have the same one in there previously so it does not need importing. (I looked at both in viewer and they are the exact same).

The model wont work if the skin isn't there, or if I change the paths or anything, I gaurentee you I have the correct path for the skin, and the models, as if I change anything it won't load up at all. However when I load the model, it will all load except for a few parts on his head.

Actually the only things that won't load is everything seen in the screenshot except for the helmet.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before and can help me.

Level 32
Level 7
I know how to import models perfectly fine I would hope, how ever I agree with what you said, and also I've read it before. I think there is a problem with some skin over-write or something, as I've said I've seen the model before working fine, just not with the other model that shares the same path as it, how ever I am still looking at what you posted, thank you for at least reading what I wrote

Edit: Awesome, I established the problem, in wc3 viewer, it loads correctly skin and all, but when its in my map, part of the skin is turning up black... any suggestions?

Edit2: I placed the models and portrait in a brand new map, and i get the same problem the face stuff in the portrait doesn't appear. I think it might be the portrait is not registering the skin of the face, so it appears black, as i need the skin or else none of the model appears

Last edited:
Level 7
Sorry for the double post, but this might be abit big... This is what I mean, and all the files are imported, or else the model won't even show up in editer...

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 120
Level 32
Remucked Warlord

I think you are getting the idea, Bloody_Demise: that warlord model is a piece of junk. It's a typical example of a modeling project gone bad: the texture is flawed in its alpha channel and does not display properly.

You won't easily find this model in OUR database, it is substandard: not for general download. Be careful of models that you download from other sites: most sites do not check models for quality.

Also beware of images captured in war3viewer or other modeling software. As you have discovered, they can deceive and confuse the consumer if the model or its textures are flawed.

Level 7
It seems that how it would be, however the the Raiders campaign in the map section (id imagine it was over at wc3sear.ch) the model worked perfectly fine.

my friend said that I am useing the a same texture twice, however, the texture I am useing twice is working, it is just not reading the face, and now I have to go find a model, however if its a low file size I probably won't be complaining

Thank you for your time in trying to help me Wolverabid

Edit: here is what I mean, this is from the shards of resitance: The Raiders campaign by med.mapguy

Attachments

• Example2.jpg
    Example2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.