• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with hero - help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello again :D
Many players told me that porting only dota's heroes suxx and I should make something own so I got an idea but I need help to realize this idea.

When you pick hero you instantly get a table with how much creeps u have killed. Each creep killed by you (melee attacks, abilities) adds +1 creep killed on the table. The maximum number on table is 30. One ability will passivly gives additional 50 to the table but I will tell it later.

Ok we got table, but what now? For what we got table?

Abilities are stronger when u killing enemy units.

The first ability:
-Regurgitate-
Balphagore vomits burning demonic bile on all enemies in front of him, damaging them. Some of the corpses of his previous victims are regurgitated as well.
Mana Cost: 100 / 110 / 120 / 130
Cooldown: 12.0 Seconds
Deals 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 Magic damage per second to enemies in a 100 degree cone in front of self, up to 400 units away.
Enemies caught in the cone have "Bile" applied to them.
"Bile" - 20% Movement Slow
The "BILE" effect only works when you got 15 creeps killed.
The model used in ability:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...missile-50493/?prev=search=breath&d=list&r=20

How this ability looks after cast?
As descripted, the hero vomits demonic bile (here is this model used) dealing damage every 0.10 second making this ability to look like he really vomits on units.
Here is table used:
When you got 15 killed creeps (on table) this spells is upgraded; it also slowing enemy units caught in the cone by 20%. (After use, 15 creeps stored on table are reseted so this hero needs again to kill creeps to gain slow effect on his ability and Loop)

Second skill:
-Demonic Pathogen-
One of the many pathogens festering in Balphagore infects an enemy. The pathogen robs its victim of any spellcasting ability and damages them as the disease runs its course.
Type: Magic
Range: 500
Mana Cost: 115 / 125 / 135 / 145
Cooldown: 12.0 Seconds
Silences target for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds.
If we got 15 creeps killed on table here's bonus effect on ability:
During the curse how much damage u dealt, half of that much are also bonus dealt to affected target.
So if you dealt 100 damage during the curse, you will dealt another 50 when curse expire.
This Ability is Purgeable

Third ability:
-Corpse Conversion-
The decaying flesh and bones stored in Balphagore's gut fuse into small and weak demonic minions, which Balphagore regurgitates to do his bidding. He produces more minions if he has killed more units.
Mana Cost: 95
Cooldown: 20.0 Seconds
This ability also passivly adds bonus maximum number on table.
On first level of this ability it only spawns minions. On second it spawns minions +adds 15 slots to table (now max = 45). On third it spawns minions +adds 15 bonus slots to table (now max = 60). On fourth (last) it spawns minions + adds 20 bonus slots to table (now max = 80).
Spawns one Minion for every 15 killed units.

Of course after use the power with creeps stored in table - the creeps are reseted.
Here's simple example:
We got 60 creeps stored and we used Regurgitate (now we got only 45) and then we used Demonic Pathogen (now we got only 30) ETC.

Fourth Ability (Ulti)
-Hell on Newerth-
After gaining enough power from nearby enemy units killed by Balp, Balphagore unleashes the infernal power stored inside his gut in an explosive ring of hellfire.
Type: Magic
Radius: 600
Mana Cost: 200 / 300 / 400
Cooldown: 110.0 Seconds
Deals 200 / 300 / 400 Magic damage to enemies within a 600 radius. Gains additional effects with more creeps killed:
60+ creeps: Vacuums enemies within a 600 radius to Balphagore and also slowing them for 60%.
75+ creeps: Deals 300/450/600 Magic damage to enemies within 600 radius.
I want to repeat that (if you use spell, the creeps on table are reseted)
If you use the ultimate with 60 creeps killed you will deal damage (depends on ulti's level) and vacuum them) but if you use the ultimate with 75+ creeps killed, you will deal damage, vacuum them and also deal again massive damage.
Now I think I better explain what I got on mind.

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm doing map HoN that's why I'm porting Dota Heroes, anyway this hero is other than Hon's Balp, i took only names, system is a little bit other than that in hon and i think harder to do. I could do that with my cousin but here's too much triggers and we would be confused. For great JASSers, TRIGGERers this system and spells are so crazy easy to do but for me it' hardcore. Someone could say: why u aren't making easier spells for your map but my answer is : I'm not brainless copying spells by other, when I'm copying, I'm analyzing how the Helper done it with which variables etc. Each time I'm learning new things and I'm grateful to everyone that helps me with some problems, I know there is many problems but we can remove them...together... Of course everyone that told something on forum to help will be added to my Special Thanks in Mission (F12), in my own program that I'm doing and on Site that I will made after all. Would you like to see Kongor ? xD at 3.0 maybe I will add him, but now there's no time to waste. Waiting for your concepts, ideas - Redblack

for the first, just create an integer variable which increases when you kill a unit but only until a max... then just check that whenever you cast Regurgitate to know if you will need to slow the units... then just reduce the integer afterwards...

the second one, just use soul burn... then on cast just check the integer kills again and then maybe turn on a boolean or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.