• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

problem with floating text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Im making a td and when units die i use a custom way to get money... i use floating text to show that you get gold but i use umswe and there it is no "lifespan" so please help me! +rep for the solution ofc :D
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +Gold above (Dying unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
IT WONT REMOVE!!!... there's no lifespan as i mentioned

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
After creation.
Use the action to set its permance to false.
Then use another action to set its life time (yes its another action, not the creator) to the desired ammount.

If that does not work cause your WE is messed up (I can even use that stuff in GUI in JNGP), then I guess you will just have to use the JASS natives to set the life time and permance, but that is pretty straight foward.

Level 9
After creation.
Use the action to set its permance to false.
Then use another action to set its life time (yes its another action, not the creator) to the desired ammount.

If that does not work cause your WE is messed up (I can even use that stuff in GUI in JNGP), then I guess you will just have to use the JASS natives to set the life time and permance, but that is pretty straight foward.

Thats what i mean... There are no actions to do that... there are create and destroy, change color and its transparency, create over unit and show/hide... no permance...

Status
Not open for further replies.