• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Problem with entangled gold mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, first of all english is not my native language so I will try to explain my self the best I can, please be patient.

I replaced the NE race with naga, since I dont know how to make AI, I edited every single NE unit to be exact as the naga race.
That worked so far when I tested with greedisgood, the AI use the units since is a NE unit with other model.

But when testing without greedisgood the problem started: Basically my naga workers dont know how to collect ore without being entangled.
So to fix it I re-added the entangled ability to the main building (not a tree or ancient anymore) but that doesnt worked, the mine refuse to be entangled.

I select the ability manually to entangle the mine, but nothing happens so I run out of ideas.

¿Can you help me?
I either need to make work the entangled mine or make my ex-wisp workers to collect ore from a normal mine.

Last edited:
Level 27
The old entangled gold mine issue.

Well, this is because (if I remember correctly) your main building must have the root ability, otherwise it will refuse to entangle the gold mine no matter how many times you try.

Possible solutions that I can recommend:
-The easy way: Have your workers gather gold in a normal way as peasants and peons do.
-The other easy but not recommended way: Add root ability to the main building (which I would not recommend due to the lack of appropiate Naga buildings for this, as it would imply that the building can be uprooted and moved from one site to another).
-The hard way: Create your own custom entangled gold mine using triggers.

Level 5
The old entangled gold mine issue.
Tried the easy way: The AI dont know how to collect ore without a entangled mine. I dont make an AI, I used the NE AI since the NE are the same, but with different models and names.
The NOT recommended way (and not recommeded for a reason): It crashes my game, maybe bc my buildings cant move anymore
The hard way: I guess is time to learn how to make complex triggers

Level 5
hey GoddessVero, I don't know why u r basing naga's A.I on night elf's A.I (Naga uses Slaves and Night Elf uses whisps) and they r different, I have two suggestion:

first: learn how to use A.I Editor there are good tutorials in hive that u can read.

second: if u want to keep that on Night Elf's A.I why don't u just leave it be? add A.I's gold by trigger when it's out of gold.

here is trigger:
  • AI Gold
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (AI_Player Current gold) Less than 2000
    • Actions
      • Player - Add 5000 to AI_Player Current gold

Level 5
hey GoddessVero
I will explain, I wanted a naga race and make the AI capable of use it.
So for that porpuse I edited every single NE unit to make it Naga, so the NE use the units since they are NE unit with naga names and models. Is something rusty what I do but so far it worked... except with the Naga workers (whisps), since they dont know how to collect ore without an entangled mine.

I know tehre are better ways to make an AI but my knowledge with AI is basically zero (hell, Im even a noob using triggers)

Also, talking about triggers: The one you showed me look easy enough and less complicated than the one I did. I make a dummy version of faery fire that is removed via triggers when the player isnt human, then added that dummy autocast spell to the coral bed, then make a trigger that add 20 of gold every time a coral bed cast that dummy faery fire spell... yeah I just make a mess of trigger just to give gold to the AI.

Level 5
I will explain, I wanted a naga race and make the AI capable of use it.
So for that porpuse I edited every single NE unit to make it Naga, so the NE use the units since they are NE unit with naga names and models. Is something rusty what I do but so far it worked... except with the Naga workers (whisps), since they dont know how to collect ore without an entangled mine.
I know, I used to do such stuffs when I started to use World Editor.

The one you showed me look easy enough and less complicated than the one I did. I make a dummy version of faery fire that is removed via triggers when the player isnt human
if I were u I would detect if player's race is naga (NE I mean cause it's based on it) if u don't, trigger will give that gold to all A.I players (like undead, orc and humans) just detect race and use my trigger since it's A.I and not playable by users it'll do fine.

• AI Gold
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (AI_Player Current gold) Less than 2000
      • (Race of AI_Player) Equal to Night Elf
    • Actions
      • -------- I've added a new Condition that detects if player is NE (ur Naga) --------
      • Player - Add 5000 to AI_Player Current gold

Status
Not open for further replies.