• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Problem with custom skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,
I apologize if I'm posting this on the wrong section but I couldn't find anything more appropriate. I have this issue with Warcraft III: I had to change my laptop, and since I lost the Warcraft III installation CD I simply copied the Warcraft III folder from the previous computer and pasted into the current one. The thing is, all the skins I downloaded are actually in there but they don't appear in game for some reason. Anybody else has ever had this problem?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
What skins do you mean... Models ?
Because if models do not appear ... they will be transparent ...
But if skins ( means textures of models ) will be gray ( or team colored )
Or you mean UI ( User Interface where you can see inventory and spells ) ... I don't know .. Because I wouldn't face such problem

Which one do you mean ?

Level 19
Hello everyone,
I apologize if I'm posting this on the wrong section but I couldn't find anything more appropriate. I have this issue with Warcraft III: I had to change my laptop, and since I lost the Warcraft III installation CD I simply copied the Warcraft III folder from the previous computer and pasted into the current one. The thing is, all the skins I downloaded are actually in there but they don't appear in game for some reason. Anybody else has ever had this problem?
Thanks in advance.

You have to be alot more descriptive..

1) Did you pirate?
2) What do you mean by skins? UI skins, unit skins, human skin, etc.

Level 2
I downloaded a model pack and added it successfully to my game. I also downloaded some other skins here and there. Everything worked perfectly in the previous laptop, but when I transferred all the data to this one (I basically just copied the Warcraft III folder from one to another) and ran the game, none of the new models were showing. The Ghoul is the basic one, the Abomination as well, and all the units that used custom skins now are standard, even though the "Textures" and "Units" folders are in the correct place with all the .blp files.

Level 2
I never used the editor, I just placed the .blp files into the correct folders and all went well for two years, until I had to change my laptop, as I said before.

You most likely have local files disabled (by default, it is disabled). See the bottom section "MPQ Patches" in this page:
http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/main.html
You'll have to download a registry editor and edit that field to that value. Either that, or you can download JassNewGenPack, and then go to Extensions -> Enable Local Files (make sure it is checkmarked).

Level 2
You most likely have local files disabled (by default, it is disabled). See the bottom section "MPQ Patches" in this page:
http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/main.html
You'll have to download a registry editor and edit that field to that value. Either that, or you can download JassNewGenPack, and then go to Extensions -> Enable Local Files (make sure it is checkmarked).

You're a f***** genius, I used the tool you linked and now everything works just fine. Thanks a lot, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.