• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with buildings having auras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there something in the game's code that prevents buildings from being affected by auras? I ask because I am attempting to recreate the Pylon energy field system used by Protoss, and I want to use an aura to represent the Pylon's area of influence.

I am using Ancient as the building type, to prevent them from being targeted by Repair. I have as the targets allowed for the Aura "Ancient, Invulnerable, Not Self, Player Units, Structure, Vulnerable." When I put an Ancient building near the Pylon, that building doesn't receive the aura.

At first, I based the custom aura on Brilliance Aura. When that didn't work, I thought it was because Brilliance Aura doesn't affect units without mana. Then I tried Unholy Aura as the base. When that didn't work I figured it was because buildings can't move (movement speed bonus of Unholy Aura). Now I've tried Thorns Aura, which shouldn't have any similar problems, and that still doesn't work. I've even checked if setting the stats fields such as HP regen bonus or damage returned to zero was the cause, but, no, it still doesn't work even if those fields are non-zero.

Of course, there is a way to do this with triggers checking the distance buildings are from a Pylon instead, but I wanted to use an aura. Am I doing something wrong or is that just impossible?

Level 19
does this mean it works?

I can both produce an aura and create the affect.

change the portion that says, 'is building' in the editor of all your buildings.

sure it makes them no longer buildings, but because of their classification and target as it doesn't affect any of the spells or repairs or damage effects

Level 9
does this mean it works?

I can both produce an aura and create the affect.

change the portion that says, 'is building' in the editor of all your buildings.

sure it makes them no longer buildings, but because of their classification and target as it doesn't affect any of the spells or repairs or damage effects

It works.
The buff status had him worried only, but it works. As Waterknight said, gameplay constants can solve that display.

Status
Not open for further replies.