• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with Auto-cast spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So my problem is that when I create two spells based off one auto-cast ability and give em to different units they can't be cast on the same unit. Like faerie fire or inner fire. For example, if I want to have faerie fire giving -4 armor and the other one -8 armor. I want 2 buffs and -12 armor. Is there a way to do this without massive amounts of triggering.

Level 28
Not that I know of.
There are certain abilities that do allow stacking (such as slow poison), but with others it's 1 buff to rule them all.

I don't think it would require a really huge amount of triggering on your part though. With the BonusMod-system, you can easily add/remove armor.
Then all that's left is making some MUI system that activates that system whenever it's needed (at the beginning/end of the spell).

Level 1
Thanks for the fast response. As I'm pretty new to the editor or at least making these kind of things MUI. This Bonus-mod system its downloadable here in the hive? But I suppose I'll check that out and some tutorials for making this stuff MUI. Thanks again.

Level 21
Not that I know of.
There are certain abilities that do allow stacking (such as slow poison), but with others it's 1 buff to rule them all.

I don't think it would require a really huge amount of triggering on your part though. With the BonusMod-system, you can easily add/remove armor.
Then all that's left is making some MUI system that activates that system whenever it's needed (at the beginning/end of the spell).

Actually it will probably work if a custom buff is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.