1. Triumph has risen from these uncharted shores. The 34th Modeling Contest Results are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Problem with Auto-cast spells

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Kafki, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Kafki

Kafki

Resources:
    Resources:
    So my problem is that when I create two spells based off one auto-cast ability and give em to different units they can't be cast on the same unit. Like faerie fire or inner fire. For example, if I want to have faerie fire giving -4 armor and the other one -8 armor. I want 2 buffs and -12 armor. Is there a way to do this without massive amounts of triggering.

2. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not that I know of.
    There are certain abilities that do allow stacking (such as slow poison), but with others it's 1 buff to rule them all.

I don't think it would require a really huge amount of triggering on your part though. With the BonusMod-system, you can easily add/remove armor.
    Then all that's left is making some MUI system that activates that system whenever it's needed (at the beginning/end of the spell).

3. Kafki

Kafki

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the fast response. As I'm pretty new to the editor or at least making these kind of things MUI. This Bonus-mod system its downloadable here in the hive? But I suppose I'll check that out and some tutorials for making this stuff MUI. Thanks again.

4. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually it will probably work if a custom buff is made.