• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i prevent this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello again.

Example

i have a 2 skills that based Faerie Fire
Faerie Fire1 and Faerie Fire2

Faerie Fire1 reduces 5 armor
Faerie Fire2 reduces 10 armor

I want to do that
a unit is under effect of Faerie Fire1 and someone casts Faerie Fire2 on the unit, Faerie Fire1 and 2 stacks on the unit (reduces -15 armor)

if there are no way to make that, i want to learn that

a unit is under effect of Faerie Fire1 and someone casts Faerie Fire2 on the unit, Faerie Fire will not affect the unit have a buff with Faerie Fire1

is there a way to make that ?

Level 33
A same based buffs/effects on the same unit CANNOT stack with each other
Say, you got Slow1 and Slow2
If you cast Slow1 first, Slow2 will overwrite Slow1 if Slow2 is casted on the targeted unit that has the Slow1 buff
This is vice-versa
So, by making out of "Conditions", you can make something like it
Instead of 2, create 3 ability:
Faerie Fire1 , Faerie Fire2 , Faerie Fire3
1 does -5 armor
2 does -10 armor
3 does -15 armor
Test map attached

Attachments

• Faerie Buff Stacking Conditions.w3x
    17.2 KB · Views: 54
Level 17
ah you again :) thanks for your interest i will look the test map immediately

edit: thanks i see the triggers it will work but not solves my problem because i have a more skill based on the same spells (maximum 3 or 4) and each spells have a different effects and amounts. that means i can't calculate the spells. actually i can do that. i will set variable for each skills and levels :)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Try acid bomb, I think it had a stack option...

I'm not sure though. Maybe it was some other spell that didnt have armor reduction.

In anycase its best if you make a dummy spell that does nothing and a fairie fire with 3 levels, each reducing 5 armor more than the last one. so when you try to cast your dummy fairie fire on some enemy, a trigger will check:

if your casting fairie fire1 and the unit has buff fairie fire1
then remove all buffs and make dummy cast fairie fire2 on it
else your casting fairie fire2 and the unit has buff fairie fire2
then remove all buffs and make dummy cast fairie fire3 on it
if your casting fairie firex and unit has fairie firex
then remove all buffs and make dummy cast fairie firex+1 on it

Depends whats your end level of fairie fire. This should work. The last level of the spell will not be 'stacking'

Status
Not open for further replies.