• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Greetings fellow hive workshop users.I'm currently working on a 'Kul Tiras' human race edit,and i made an upgrade called 'Footman training'.The upgrade was supossed to replace a normal footman with a veteran one.

And here it begins.Indeed,the upgrade changes footman into Veteran one,but dosen't do the same in barracks.The barracks dosen't want to replace old unit with new,but produces both normal and new one.

Thank you for all possible attention in here and let me know if this question was posted in wrong section.

Level 23
Do you trigger the replacement of the footmen? Well you can try something like:

Event
-Unit enters Playable map area
Conditions
-Unit is equal to Footman
-Owner of triggering unit has researched Footman training
Action
-Replace footman with veteran unit

Or, you can replace the player's barracks with something that trains veteran footmen by default.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

I never really took much interest in triggers,but it sounds like a plan.I think that it will work.I will check it right now.Thank you very much for this answer.It helps me a lot.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

The upgrade is now working properly.I thank you for your answers.The topic is free to be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.