• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

beserker kind of upgrade help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This has been driving me mad, I have been trying to dupe the beserker upgrade only using a different unit, heres a example

I have a footman, I click the Elite Footman upgrade that transforms the footman into elites and elites are available and footman aren't, Now my problem is I can see the upgrades and stuff, but the Elite footman is already available for training before the upgrade, and when i click the upgrade, the footman dissapears, Now the elite footman shouldnt even show up until i upgrade, then the footman goes poof.

I have been trying to dupe EVERYTHING I can find that relates to the beserker upgrade and just changing the units around. I have been failing, I've even duped the beserker troll into a Elite footman(as a special) It fails, theres no triggers for the beserker upgrade, so I really don't see where the problem is. I've tried duping anything I can find but I can't find the problem... Can anyone help me with this? is there something in table of constants or what... I can either get it so the elite footman doesnt appear or is already there before the upgrade...

Level 2
Using triggers you could remove the ability to built the upgraded version of footmen at the map initilization.

Player - Make Uber-Footman Unavailable for training/construction by ______

Then make a event of a player getting the upgrade, with the action being:

Player - Make Uber-Footman Available for training/construction by _____
Player - Make Footman Unavailable for training/construction by ____

Status
Not open for further replies.