• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger help] AOS unit spawn and upgrade help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im making an AOS style game and I need some help with unit spawning triggers.

The kind of issue im having is kind of complicated. My map is not going to feature normal unit spawns like most AOS style games like DotA.

Im trying to make it so you have to make a one time purchase of the unit with your hero of the unit you want to produce at the barracks and then it will keep on producing that unit + others purchased from there on.

and also the same for upgrades on creeps too.

So basically:
1. a hero walks upto the barracks
2. a selection arrow appears over the heroes head
3. click on barracks
4. barracks displays units for sale
5. once unit is purchased, the unit BTN either disappears, or is replaced by next level unit BTN.
6. once unit is purchasedbarracks starts producing unit at regular intervals with the rest of the units for the AI player on that team.

and:
1. a hero walks upto blacksmith
2. selection arrow appears over the heroes head
3. click on blacksmith
4. blacksmith displays upgrades for sale
5. once upgrade is purchased, upgrade BTN either disappears or is replaced by next level upgrade option.
6. once upgrade is purchased, the upgrade is now installed on all future and existing units for AI player on that team.

can anyone help me with this?

Level 2
Could you be more specific dude?

Here is my trigger so far:

Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 60.00 seconds (I know this part is wrong, I am trying to put a 60 second delay before the trigger starts)
Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
(Barracks 0167 <gen> is alive) Equal to True (for this section: is there any way to make it a general condition? meaning instead of having to write a trigger for each building in each spawn point, is it possible to create a condition that reads something like "If unit is a Barracks equal true equal to alive" if so could you helpme with the path?)
Actions
Unit - Create 2 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of Barracks 0167 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
Unit - Create 1 Rifleman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of Barracks 0167 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.