• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem: Extra Data On Spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
A little hard to explain, but if you've done a spell, you know that there is a set of data, example, you use Avatar, and it shows things like: Data - Hitpoints, and such. But when I load, say, Avatar, it shows a lot of extra crap added to the hitpoints, like data from other spells alllll bunched into one spell. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I don't like it. Here's a screenshot:

Wtfscreenshot.JPG

See all that extra junk of Data? How can I make it only show the spells data, because it's making it very confusing and some of the data don't even work. Or, is it like this because i'm viewing the spell inside a map by loading it from the Campaign window?

A response would be great, someone to tell me what the heck is going on, +rep.

Level 13
this is interesting...

i can't see everything clearly. first of all, i have no idea what ability you are using. it's not avatar, and i don't think i have ever seen that ability. what version of world editor are YOU using?

secondly, why don't you drag the menu items around to show those field names better? that would be good...

thirdly, i don't understand what you mean by campaign window. it looks like the plain object editor to me, with the obvious exception of having some strange ability i've never seen before...or at least don't remember seeing...

edit: oh i MIGHT have found your problem...not really sure though at all since i can't figure out what's going on exactly with that avatar spell that i've never seen before...but...check this out. in object editor you got, file, edit, view, module and window, right? so...click on view and check/uncheck some of those fields. i don't think this would work but i'm not sure...anyway i think that might be only for my version of editor...i don't even know what version you're using but it seems like it's brandspanking new or something because of that strange spell...

edit: maybe i should try opening up your map...haha. i really feel like a newb...how do you open up campaigns? the world editor both old and new only opens up w3x or w3m files and opening up campaign doesn't seem to do anything...

Last edited:
Level 8
If you look at the orderstring you can see it's antimagic shell. Mine does not look like this I can tell you that much.
When did you notice these extra fields?

Level 13
what is more i tried downloading your map and opening your campaign with the campaign editor but i'm not getting any terrain or custom units or anything...all i see are some maps to the right and some brief info on the left like author, name, and description...where are the over 2 megs in the w3n? i can't seem to access the maps. i guess i should try playing the campaign in wc3 and see what happens.

lol dude...warcraft 3 is acting like a busted up nintendo entertainment system, man! i guess your campaign has it's share of graphics problems...

Last edited:
Level 8
I have a feeling it's the raw data.

However, I did find out that it shows all this extra data only while viewing the maps through Campaign Editor. It wont show the extra data when i'm viewing the ones that I created while in the Campaign Editor. (Campaign Abilities)

Now, about the raw data, how can I turn it off? I'm pretty sure that's the problem. I looked through File>Configure Controls and File>Preferences but can't find it.

Level 3
Have you tried exporting the object data, then import normal blank unit data, then re-importing your object data?

I had this same problem a few years ago, don't think I ever got it fixed, it was only for that one map.

Level 13
i don't care what you guys say, that map is super-crazy!

and anyway when you show raw data it shows all the same data but it names it differently and usually displays it differently and also the list usually has items on it moving around all over because they're ordered differently in raw data. so that could easily make it appear that you have extra data fields when really they were just moved up or down the list and renamed and showing the data differently.

also you can turn it off and on with ctrl d

Status
Not open for further replies.