• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem connecting to US east on WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey everyone, having a bit of trouble with my new router. Every time i try to connect to US east, it gives me the "unable to connect ect, ect..." error. I have tried turning off my router's firewall, but that didnt work. I tried to port forward 6112 but i think i messed up somewhere, so that didnt work. All the other servers work just fine (except when hosting) and this is the only one im having trouble with. Any help or solutions would be nice, thank you.

It might also help to know that i have a Belkin router.

Level 7
I don't know why, but it sometimes happens to me, but in 10 minutes it works again, so you should probably scan your computer, cause if only one ain't working maybe you gotz viruzehst

I completely know what you're talking about there, but it's not the case here. It has something to do with my router and i doubt some sort of virus is interfering with it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Your IP address is probably temporarilly banned. Especially if you are on a dynamic IP address it is possible that the former IP owner has ranked up a huge ban time for your IP address on that server. If your IP is dynamic, restarting to get a new IP will solve this.

The only other possible cause might be a dicy DNS. If your DNS does not register the US east battlenet server then you will obviously be unable to connect to it. Manually entering another DNS could fix it in this case. I have never heard of this ever being a problem though.

All WC3 servers connect in the same way, the only difference is the target address.

Status
Not open for further replies.