• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problem about animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a unit that has a Stand and Stand Ready ability.
When I give it the Stand Ready animation through triggers, it works, but when it attacks an enemy, the stand ready animation goes away and it just uses the stand (normal) animation. Is there a way to make it still use the Stand Ready animation even after it attacks?

Level 25
That doesn't do it either.

Both the action I showed and the object editor approach do work, the problem is that the "Ready" animation is played in combat and the game automatically detects it.
Actually, upon start of combat the game itself adds the "ready" tag for the unit and upon exiting combat it automatically removes it, hence why it "doesn't work".

You actually need to either:
a) Make that a standalone animation (e.g. renaming it from Stand Ready to for example Stand - 3 or Stand Alternate, etc.)
or b) Catch when said unit attacks anyone, add it in group, check if that unit is in combat (dunno how efficiently tho) and if not, add the animation tag to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.