• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Prince Panda's Map Reviews (can host on battle.net)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm going to keep the map-reviewing trend moving. :)

Prince Panda's Map Reviews
I will review almost any map, with the exception of very large single-player campaigns. I am able to host on battle.net (realm Lordaeron) and test content online so I will accept multiplayer maps. Maps will be graded on the following criteria:

Single-player:
Gameplay: ?/5
Is the game fun to play? Is it playable at all? Playability, ease of controls, a clear objective, replay value etc. are factors that will determine the score.

Length: ?/5
The map should neither be too long, nor too short. If it's a campaign, a constant time of play are preferably divided evenly among each of the maps.

Visual Appeal: ?/5
All cosmetic factors go under this category. This includes the terrain quality, and how well custom content is implemented into the game.

Neatness: ?/5
This focuses on grammatical errors, interface, bugs/glitches, and the smoothness of the map.

OPTIONAL - Storyline or Background: ?/5
I will often judge campaigns on their storyline. Does everything make sense? Does it draw interest? Is it new and innovative?

Multiplayer:
Gameplay: ?/5

Size: ?/5
Most people aren't patient enough to wait for a 5MB map to download. If it's going to be a fairly large map, it better be worth-it. Low file sizes are favored above most maps, but maybe you can change my mind.

Playability: ?/5
How does your map handle the different amount of players? To get a good score, gameplay should be constant whether there be a full house of players, or just a couple.

Visual Appeal: ?/5

Neatness: ?/5

So post here if you want constructive criticism, and make sure to include any aspect of the map that you want me to focus on. I'll accept other people's work if you don't take credit for it. Reviews will be available as soon as possible, I'll keep the habit of posting them the following day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.