• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Primal Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Here we go again :) While I was experimenting with
special effect surrogates, cause I don´t want to use
Utm again I randomly created a forest. Just wanna
know what you think, its without any import.
And should be absolutely playable...

Attachments

• PrimalWood1.jpg
    PrimalWood1.jpg
    782.9 KB · Views: 216
  • PrimalWood2.jpg
    PrimalWood2.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 168
Level 6
Nice! I can never use the world tree doodad properly :( but you've used it really well in this one and your last pic (the reflections one).

The tree furion is standing on is a world tree right? don't the roots stick up somewhere in an odd fashion?

Level 6
Thx! Regarding the world tree, first of all I changed the
f** selection size, otherwise I couldn´t work properly.
Then I flipped the tree (by -1.57) like the light from above
doodad to create a sun, then I flattened and lowered it into
the ground and yes some of the roots sticked in the air.
But you can cover that with raised ground or other doodads...

Level 6
yeah, those things roots are huuuuge, I like how you can see the other trees have their roots going down to the water, it's a nice touch.

How'd you get that awesome water? I used moonwell water for my no imports but this one is certainly better :)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The only word allowed for your terrains:

E.P.I.C

Level 6
Yeah thx a lot, I´m really a bit surprised, because it really didn´t take that long. But I really appreciate your comment. Regarding the water model, you are right its one of the moonwell animations, big-sized and correctly tinted for the Ashenvale waterfalls.

@ Aziex
Here is the path: Abilities\Spells\NightElf\MoonWell\MoonWellTarget.mdl, but I guess thats the one you have used.

I´ll keep you posted, will work on that level :grin:

Level 18
Smexy !!!! although (yes i always find somthing) i can see the end of the world on the far right of the first screen try to cover it up with a tree or somthing. Besides that i love it :) hmm i think DR.House has a cookie for you yet this time it has no chocolate but pills... xD

Level 6
Allright here comes a small update, this time with a not-imported moon and some other small changes....

Hm, i can see floating rocks and the end of the world. But that isn't a big problem. I like the way you made it, your creativity is great!

@Oziris
Thank you a lot, this honors me.
Btw I like your terrain showcase!

Smexy !!!! although (yes i always find somthing) i can see the end of the world on the far right of the first screen try to cover it up with a tree or somthing. Besides that i love it :)

@i_brg
I knew you would like it :)

Attachments

• PrimalWood+Moon.jpg
    PrimalWood+Moon.jpg
    805.8 KB · Views: 77
Level 6
Making that level started as fun, but right now I´m thinking about making a small mini-campaign, since it is playable.
But that means a lot of pathing work....

Anyway two more pics.

Attachments

• PrimalWoodRoots.jpg
    PrimalWoodRoots.jpg
    737.5 KB · Views: 87
  • PrimalWoodWell.jpg
    PrimalWoodWell.jpg
    814.6 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.