• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pride And Piracy 3.3

Reactions: deepstrasz
What is Pride And Piracy? - Pride And Piracy is a Hero Defense designed for 4 to 8 players that features gameplay content like:

- Taking over pirate islands to make your own pirate army

- Taking down rival kings

- Defending your own king by any means necessary

- Bounty hunting

- Lots of tips for new players!

This map is an unfinished project, that i decided to drop. it was simply too hard to make the map that i had imagined making. I can only say sorry to those who got disappointed of the lacking gameplay, but i wont be finishing this map. Check out my new project though!

Keywords:
Pirates Ships War Army Island Hero Faction
Contents

Pride And Piracy 3.3 (Map)

Reviews
10:15, 26th May 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 6
Go to Menu>High Quality>Director's Cut under the maps section to see good maps with good description.

Level 2
no dumbass ima blame u, i made this map for fun, i didnt make this to please you or anyone elses rules about a description that (YOU) believe is good, there is nothing more to say about the map then what ive written now, and its unacceptable for u to judge my map as horrible without even trying it out but just looking at the description.

Level 2
Firstly improve the description. The map type is way off the maps genre; do you know what is an AoS when you clearly stated that this map is like a hero defence map? Terrain doesn't seem well made from the preview image.

have changed the description now, not much more i can say about the map :/, ive changed it to defense survival, and the terrain is islands, not sure how u want an island to look in this game but seemed fine to me.

Level 7
no dumbass ima blame u, i made this map for fun, i didnt make this to please you or anyone elses rules about a description that (YOU) believe is good, there is nothing more to say about the map then what ive written now, and its unacceptable for u to judge my map as horrible without even trying it out but just looking at the description.

I know how you feel, all the maps I have posted were rejected, even some that I shed blood, sweat and tears for. However, you can't hold it against people who are rating, and calling him a dumbass makes you look like an 8 y/o child. Descriptions are very important, nobody wants to download a map with a bad one, it gives a bad impression, and makes your map seem rushed and half-assed.

If I have time I'll try this out.

Level 13
and credits mean to give the names of all the creators of custom models/textures that you used in the map.Till thene i hope map improves...
Good luck with the map till now i like the idea but it kinda lacks the description...
il rep you for this map for good intention :)

Level 4
Hey guyse, I just read all the post, and my opinion, is that is good that this map wasn't rejected, cause, eventhought the quality is not so high, I think we should not reject it, so giving him time and allowing him to progress in map making AND the most important, giving an impetus to progress.

Also, for you, Basse920 is that you should not insult other users for just not liking your map, nobody likes all the maps, and you should just simply "knock it off".

And you should give positive critics to the map, not just say the bad stuff or that kind of things. I think you should improve terraining.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Spells need proper description. So do units (Workers are not Peasants even if that's what a camp upgrade says they will turn into).
There's not really much to do and the terrain is plain. Not to mention there's a constant naval battle going on and transports can be destroyed if not for the player to find a safe route on a specific time.