• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Preview Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to change my preview image to something cooler than just the map preview, I've converted and successfully imported it (I've done this before) and put it as the preview, but when you go to play the game it shows up as solid yellow with img written on it. How do I fix this?

I've had this before. If the game is private it may do that.
Sometimes it comes up as a green box with all the colors of the rainbow on the very top in small squares.
I found the reason for this could be a few things:

1) Your image is not the proper size
2) Your image is not the proper format
3) The settings for map preview has not been set to show the image in question for both the large and small preview. For some reason I found that this matters.

Try just re-doing all the steps to making your preview image in GE (that means deleting the file then re-importing as well).
If that doesn't work, try smashing your face off of your keyboard a few times.

Level 2
Thanks, the 512x512 worked perfectly. I used a Targa file instead of .dds though, which is what Blizzard wants you to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.