• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Preset help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm having trouble with a trigger, any help will be most helpful:

Effect;
Unit- A unit is attacked

Condition;
(Attacking unit) Equal to ________

Action;
Special effect - create a specail effect attached to the weapon of (Attacking unit)
Special effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

As you see on the condition i have left a blank space, this space is supposed to contain a certain unit, but not just one unit already on the feild. I need it to work on all units of this model, such as if was has been created via building. I'm guessing you need presets to do this, so the question is:
How do i add units to a preset?

Thanks in advance :cool:

Level 26
Because it was spoken of a model, not a unit type. That's why I inquired. Grouping of units is a general method to mark units. I would not add them an ability because that's actually more inconvenient. You need to create object editor stuff, may have to get along with its quirks, for example that the unit loses the ability when morphing unless you turn it permanent (this option is only accessible via jass though) and you cannot create new abilities ingame, thus you cannot create new flag types.

Level 29
I need it to work on all units of this model, such as if was has been created via building
Coz in my understanding;
- Create a new unit in the object editor, referenced as 'h000' for example
- Change its model
- Then filter the attacking unit as a UnitType (in this case, the 'h000')

surely this trigger will not fire if the attacker is not footman...
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

Status
Not open for further replies.