• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PreMade AOS Terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I keep trying, and trying, and trying.

Wasting time, and more time, and more time.

I keep restarting, and restarting. I can't get the hang of making good looking terrains. everything else I can do with little to no difficulty, but the terrain is like a block to me. I really want to start on the AOS. But the terrain is preventing this.

Are there any premade Terrains that anyone has? Something remotely similar to Dota.

Two bases, 3 Lanes, a river going diagonal through the two sides, and both sides have their own terrain. Anything remotely similar....anything. I know some of you look down to people getting ripped or premade terrains as "not trying hard enough"

But I've tried for weeks and weeks. I can't get even a good looking terrain started. It looks unrealistic, too generic, too plain, and some parts too akward. I Just can't get the terrain right.

So is there any hope of Pre made terrains fit for an AOS map similar to dota?

Level 4
I'll Go check that out, thanks :)

It seemed odd to me first. Before I went to Map making, I always thought terrain is the easiest part.

But for me I just can't get the hang of making it look authentic you know? Its either too generic, too plain, or too akward to me. Maybe after afew maps I'll get the hang of it a bit more, but right now I'd rate my terraining a D-

My ideas A+ :) People LOVE my jurassic park map, even though the terrain is real bad :)

EDIT: I went through like 20 pages of AOS map, yet found no premade terrain :(

I'll go look deeper, but can you give me a link of an example you've seen if its not a bother?

PS: Check out my terrain work >.< Just uploaded my Jurassic park map, you'll see how bad it is :p

Level 22
They wont be in the AoS catagory. Try misc.

As for the terrain. One thing I suggest is try opening up some blizzard maps, or play through the single player campaign. Take screenshots of areas of terrain that you think are impressive, then use those as reference when you are in the world editor and placing doodads and painting textures. Its a quick and easy way to learn how basic but effective terraining is done. And yes, once you've done it long enouph it improves naturally, as well.
-VGsatomi

Level 4
VGsatomi said:
They wont be in the AoS catagory. Try misc.

As for the terrain. One thing I suggest is try opening up some blizzard maps, or play through the single player campaign. Take screenshots of areas of terrain that you think are impressive, then use those as reference when you are in the world editor and placing doodads and painting textures. Its a quick and easy way to learn how basic but effective terraining is done. And yes, once you've done it long enouph it improves naturally, as well.
-VGsatomi

The Single player campaign. Wonder why I never thought of it. I'll go try that out thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.