• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Aos (unnamed yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
New Aos (unnamed yet)FIXED

NEW AoS
Firstly a little information about that project.It is an Aos-type map with some features that make it different.The details are below
Features
Name:Haven't found something cool yet.Iam open to suggestions.
Stage: Alpha
Author:me
GameplayYou pick a hero from a tavern and try to destroy the enemy respawning point.It may sound a DotA ripoff but actually its quite different as i explain later in this post
Terrain:I have some pretty original ideas for the terrain but i cant bring them to life because i need a skilled terrainer.Whoever is interested pm me.
Heroes:All the heroes will have jass triggered abilities and i will try to make the as original as possible
Screenshots:Currently any i am afraid:sad:
Demo maps:Will release some shortly.
Original things in the map
Here is a list of thing i am planning to implement on the map to make it original.And in here suggestion are also welcome.
If you have played previously any AoS you surely have noticed that when the enemies break a tower or two and gain the advantage many people start leaving and ruin the game.In this Aos there is The Last Chance.When the opponents break your central building ,which is also your respawn point, they don't achieve victory instantly.Instead their central buildings health falls to 50% ,their towers are deactivated,the creeps stop spawning and you have 10 min to destroy it or until you die.If your team manages to destroy it,your respawn point and your opponents go to full health ,the towers activated,creeps start spawning again.This makes both teams play both offensively and defensively.

This is a system where the multiple paths from terrain get randomly blocked with the map initialization creating dead ends and leading to camps of neutral creeps or even traps(look below).With that system terrain will always be slightly different and wont get boring after two matches

These will be randomly spawning traps that when get trap wont need strategy but fast button clicking or something like that.For example you get in a swamp trap.You have to press the up arrow key 25 times in 5 seconds or you lose 100 life.

This is a system that somewat resembles realistic movement.I dont know if can code it but i will try it.For example you are in a cliff and an enemy with low life passes below you.In real life you could jump from the cliff to get him but you could be killed also.This system gives you a choice: you surely can jump and try but wil you make it or the health loss from the jump will be proven fatal?
That is all the information currently but will update it as soon as i have news.
Currently needed
A terrainerI suck and terraining so any help would be appreciated.If you are interested pm me and i will tell some ideas i have.
And the most important of all i need IDEAS Seriously any idea that comes up to your head you can say it.Suggestions for heroes,gameplay,items,systems,name or whatever you can thing about will be welcome.PS:the more detail you put in your descriptions the easier is for me to visualize what you thing.Of course your name will be in the credits
And the last thing but not least,every comment good or bad is welcome but please say gently since this is my first map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.