• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Preferred Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I am looking to get back into the map game,

Is Wurst still the scripting lang of choice, or now with reforged that we can use Lua would the be the preferred route? I know how to use Lua but it seems that Wurst comes with features and functionality out of the box.

So would it be worth just picking up scripting using Wurst instead?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Level 18
This kind of question is hard to answer objectively so let me answer it like this.
If you already have experience with wurst, you might want to stick with that for now, especially if the standard library is important for you.
If you go with lua, you can also consider C# or typescript, both of which can compile to lua.

Again, it's very subjective, so I'm only listing the options that I'm aware of.

Level 3
Wurst would indeed be brand new to me as I have not used it. Lua is more familiar as I've used it in the past on different games to build mods, as well as just to script.

I see what you're saying however and I will take that into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.