• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Power Abuse - Contest Judging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I was asked to judge the recent icon contest, and I agreed. However, once I gave my judging, which was honest and slightly against the poll grain, I was told that my judging would not be allowed in the contest.

My judging was as follows:

morbent
18/100

Mad
32/100

Just_Spectating
84/100

Blood Raven
39/100

kola
75/100

Sin'dorei300
40/100

Justicebringer
90/100

Chenralstrasszz:
95/100

Notice how I gave Sin'dorei300 a low score. He was also the moderator who asked me to judge. My judging was dismissed as "trolling" because I guess it would be /ridiculous/ for a moderator to not win the contest.

If you're going to ask someone to judge, don't tell them to fuck off once they do just that just because it doesn't suck up to the person who asked in the first place.

What he said to my judging:
Ot8Pca4.png

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I think you should have posted this in Admin Contact / Staff Contact where the whole staff can help you in a focused manner. It's not like the rest of the users can really help you with this, so posting it here seems like you want attention instead of getting the problem solved.

I would like to move this thread to Staff Contact and ask a few moderators to look it all over. Would that be OK with you?

Here's ike's judging and my answer:
Sin'dorei300 said:
ike_ike said:
morbent

Morbent, morbent, morbent. Where do I begin with you, morbent. Honestly, I was expecting something a bit more from someone with a catalog as extensive as your own. I like your previous work, I really do, I even made some of your icons my wallpaper. However, with this, you have really demonstrated your problematic intentions with art as such.

On to the review, then:

Blizzard Feeling: I think you made too many references to existing Warcraft literature. You should try and branch out a bit into other areas of art to see of you can wed that new genre with our own beloved material. I admire what you tried to do with the highlighting and the other Starcraft esque methodology, but it leaves something to be desired. Honestly, I don't feel like this is anything new from what Warcraft already has to offer. Warcraft doesn't need this.

2/10

Theme: I feel like you only used one color, at least spiritually. What I mean by this is that you should concentrate on what colors really stand out from one another, instead of simply using the spiritual opposites. In a way, in doing so, as is the case with Yin and Yang, you form one.

3/20

Creativity: I think this was your strongest point. I had honestly never considered icons with weaponry inside of them. My one critique, and it is a big one, is that the violence shown is problematic. It is not necessary and it is very triggering. Tone it down a bit, this is a kids game. Think about others for once, please. Thank you.

5/35

Technical Note: There were times while inspecting your icons that I didn't even know what was going on, in my life or otherwise. What did you even do here? Are you even thinking at all? Sorry, that was harsh, but tough love is truth veiled in thorns.

8/35

18/100

Mad

Your heart was in the right place, as with many young boys, but your sexuality seems to have gotten the better of you here. Necrophilia is about as moral as God is in existence. God is as dead as your icons. I kid I kid, but on a serious note; I don't think that a sexual fetish involving bones is in any way appropriate for this site, much less, the world.

Review:

Blizzard Feel: As far as I know, Blizzard does not condone necrophilia.

1/10

Theme: Bone white is a beautiful primary color, along with the other 6. I appreciate its usage here. In this we can agree, Skeletons really are beautiful, but only in the platonic sense.

15/20

Creativity: I don't see my skeleton every day. So, the way in which you captured its glimmer is astounding. Still, your sexual preferences leave something to be desired in the realm of morality, thus I cannot in good conscience recommend this art. Please, can you not.

10/35

Technical Note: There isn't much to say here. It's a bit too sharp for my tastes. I like something a little more blurry. The rendering of the fire is particularly engaging. Stimulating, even. But, only in the platonic sense.

6/35

32/100

Just_Spectating

I'm glad you chose to tie it to the meat wagon unit in a very difficult to notice way. I must say, the cohesion of the entire expanse of icons presents an illusion of grandeur that cannot be ignored. If it weren't for some of the other exemplary examples of exclusively extra-cool art-pieces in this competition composition of competent computer art, I would rate yours the highest by far.

On to the review:

Blizzard Feeling: The abomination is a Warcraft unit, so there's that. The way it's rendered is also very Warcraft-esque.

9/10

Theme: The colors are great. I love the sort of overt violence.

17/20

Creativity: Scientifically, the blade on the hook should not have as impressive of a girth. It presents a problematic overstimulating implication that shouldn't be allowed in this context.

30/35

Technical Note: The color pallet is not symbiotic with itself.

28/35

84/100

Blood Raven

Vampires are an excellent concept from a recent time in our human history. Blood sucking is a deliciously intuitive design choice for monsters and ghouls alike. That being said, I don't like your purple spam. Purple is not one of the 7 primary colors. If you had stretched to some sort of magnolia essence, then we could talk. But, as it stands, your vampire re-imaging is unimaginative.

On to the review, then:

Blizzard Feeling: Blizzard's concepts are not a reality, this much is clear. But, sometimes, when making art, one must look past reality to see actuality in everything. What I mean by this, is that you, as a man, should give birth to a better concept for vampires in the Warcraft setting. Thank you.

5/10

Theme: Again, as previously stated, you did not use any of the 5 primary colors. I would have expected more form someone choosing to deal with such a delicate concept in actuality.

7/20

Creativity: How do I explain this using thoughts that you will internalize properly? I think, the best way to start is to imagine a shovel. Now, imagine that shovel penetrating the earth. The shape of that penetration should be the actuality of your conceptual frame. In essence, you should apply yourself to the task like butter to bread in the real world.

15/35

Technical Note: Try harder.

12/35

39/100

kola

These are excellent. In every sense and de-sense of the word. In fact, one could say that you raised the bar for the rest of the competitive agents in this dance of duality.

On to the review:

Blizzard Feeling: As we all know, Blizzard looks like shit. It's a stylistic thing that is difficult to encapsulate. It's like trying to cage soap in a ratsnest. I really feel as though you managed to evoke a very Blizzard-esque aroma. Props, my brother.

10/10

Theme: Again, no complaints. Your excellent understanding of color theory is unmatched. There is only one true primary color, and you used it in every single icon. It is the color of our hearts, in a way, and I thank you for this experience.

20/20

Creativity: Boots are made for walking, and that's just what you made. Axes are made for chopping, and that's just what you made. Human workers are made for working, and that's just what I'm doing. Lastly, hands are made for coloring which you used in the colors that are most primary. Indeed, games are made for gaming, and this fits well in a game. In other words, very creative. My condolences.

35/35

Technical Note: Meh. Hope it was worth it, sir.

10/35

75/100

Sin'dorei300

I know this is unrelated, but your name is triggering. I don't mean in some tumblr sense, where women, who are scientifically retarded, tell us that we can't talk about rape, but rather, in the sense that it hurts my grey matter.

Review:

Blizzard Feeling: Nothing of worth.

2/10

Theme: Was there even a theme? I mean, come on.

2/20

Creativity: You don't just have to make Warcraft icons. Expand your horizons of thought and emotion into other spaces of exemplary excellence and primacy.

1/35

Technical Note: Probably the best icons in the competition.

35/35

40/100

Justicebringer

Not only did you bring the justice, you also brought the ruckus.

On to the review:

Blizzard Feeling: They fit perfectly into Warcraft's sort of cutesy nonviolent sci fi setting. I mean sci fi in the purely philosophical sense, of course.

10/10

Theme: Purple and green aren't primary, but they are good.

18/20

Creativity: As Jesus once said:

THE DANANN children laugh, in cradles of wrought gold,
And clap their hands together, and half close their eyes,
For they will ride the North when the ger-eagle flies,
With heavy whitening wings, and a heart fallen cold:
I kiss my wailing child and press it to my breast,
And hear the narrow graves calling my child and me.
Desolate winds that cry over the wandering sea;
Desolate winds that hover in the flaming West;
Desolate winds that beat the doors of Heaven, and beat
The doors of Hell and blow there many a whimpering ghost;
O heart the winds have shaken; the unappeasable host
Is comelier than candles before Maurya’s feet.

32/35

Technical Note: Yes, but no, but sort, if you know what I mean, sir. But yes sometimes means no, as men have taught us for generations and generations.

30/35

90/100

Chenralstrasszz:

I think that the undeniable winner of this contest is Chenralstrasszz. The definition in his work is simply outstanding. My initial reaction was something along the lines of, “Wow, look at all of those colors.” I think some people might have problems with the blurriness, but I like the effect it gives off. It has a sort of “depth of field” quality that really makes it stand out.

On to the judging then:

Blizzard Feeling: I think it fits right in. The nostalgic nature of your artwork really inspires me. Particularly, I like the references to existing Warcraft literature. The book, The Well of Eternity, by the prolific author Richard A. Knaak, is key to understanding exactly what you were going for, and I tip my hat to you, sir. The Dadaist nature of the third icon, the one involving the gray Other, is provocative in a bourgeoisie sense, if you will.

10/10

Theme: Of the four primary chromae, magenta, liquid orange, and fiery colossus are indisputably and objectively the most near and dear to my heart as an artist. Thus, I think that the variety shown, even when working with a superfluous theme, if I may, strikes cords with anyone aware of even the basic fundamental clear and obvious trivialities of color theory. Though, I must say, the elegance of color theory could have been represented more adequately in the Grom icon.

18/20

Creativity: Honestly, as previously mentioned, the references to Warcraft literature leave something to be desired in the land before this time, as it were. That is to say, as Qoheleth said in Ecclesiastes, “There is nothing new under the sun.” But, I have to be fair and say that the references to Warcraft more than make up for this discrepancy. In fact, one could argue that your use of existing Warcraft literature is creative within its own limitations. As we all know, art thrives in its limitations.

35/35

Technical Note: Pixels, as they have been described, are but small lights on a black canvas. They move us as individuals; human individuals. In this way, they are like forms of anthropic entropy. What you have managed to do within your frames, as small (64x64) as they are, is nothing short of a miracle. Sufficed to say, if I had a shovel, and a real world, my systems would be in awe of what you've done. Sincerely, thank you.

32/35

95/100

I see u're trolling here with the judging.
If u aren't able to do serious and objective judging, then i'll exclude u from the judges.
Have a nice day!

i'm not gonna lie, i thought from the beginning it was pretty fucking stupid getting ike to judge (do you need to be blind to miss the fact that he's a troll and his butt-buddies were all banned during zt for acting like the way he is now?), not to mention the fact that 3 judges is a bit excessive anyhow. anyways, my hunch was proven right. yaaaaay

Level 25
This makes me a bit sad. Trolling doesn't bother me too much but doing it in this way where people count on you and therefore fuck shit up for other users is a no go. You lost some respect there Mr Ike.

Anyway, what Ralle proposed is what should happen. Leaving the thread here for everyone to see will just end up in a big drama/hate fest. We all know Hive.

Level 36
There is absolutely no need clarifying why this judging is absolute bullshit.
For some time I must admit I've appreciated your subtle fooling around,
but this move, ike, is pretty disappointing. Playing the fool and being
apologetic, furthermore playing the victim, is among the most obsolete
ways of trolling, it's degenerative, if anything.

You have been excluded as a judge from this contest, and justly so.
- Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.