• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PotH v1.02

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
PotH is known as Pahlawan of the Hutan.

This is a team versus map, up to 5 players on both teams.

Background:
Nobody knows which came first, the humans or the orcs. However, both races determined to be the dominant race on the face of the earth. The clash in the Hutan calls for their best warriors to terminate the other's.

The original idea is inspired by AoS gameplay. Both teams have to push against enemy towers, destroy their base, etc.

About this map:
- It's Human against Orc, with some neutral characters.
- When a tower is destroyed, the army (commonly known as Creeps) of the destroying team gets a minor upgrade.
- The stats of heroes are only gained upon using Powerup Potions (originally known as Tome of Agility/Strength/Intelligence).
- The game ends in two conditions: 1) When a base is destroyed, the kills of winning team is more than losing team by 10. 2) At any point of the game before a base is destroyed, a player kills 30 times.
- Hero battles are more recurring than tower sieges.

WC3ScrnShot_042610_143051_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_042610_143108_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_042610_143137_03.jpg

Added:
- Added a new hero: Jupiter.

- Added more buildings for bounty.

- Added two new items: Flaming Robe, Infernal Staff.

Fixed:
- Increased Howl hit points regeneration bonus from 1/2/3/4 to 2/4/6/8.

- Increased Raid damage spill factor from 5/10/15/20% to 20/25/30/35%.

- Changed all forest units acquisition range to 200.

- Reduced fountains' attack range from 700 to 600.

- Increased gemstone drop rate from forest creeps.

- Increased Blizzard Staff cost from 12 to 18.

- Increased Golden Trident cost from 14 to 21.

- Removed Wander from Murloc Huntsman.

- Fixed and improved all of the tooltips.

- Fixed a bug with rock golems.

Credits:
- Apheraz Lucent for Storm Surge icons.

Added:
- Added a new hero: Tauren Chieftain.

- Added attack, defence and speed auras to towers.

- Added a new shop: Enchanted Weaponry.

- Added two new items: Golden Trident, Blizzard Staff.

- Added more props.

Fixed:
- Remodified game mode system.

- Fixed Defender not reflecting damage properly.

- Removed Chrono Explosion's 3 seconds delay between the end of attack counts and explosions.

- Reduce Shining Ray's area of effect from 600 to 400.

- Fixed Megatonne's incomplete description.

- Improved certain items description.

Credits:
1. Blizzard Entertainment and Hive Workshop community for the custom icons.
2. Some friends for the hero ideas.
3. Codewarrior for the terrain.
4. List of credits can be found in game by typing -credits.

Regarding updates:
1. Expect more to come.
2. Send me a message regarding any unique ideas that you might want to see or play in future updates.
3. I'm taking step by step to improve this project, please be patient with me.

Keywords:
PotH, Human, Orc, Forest
Contents

PotH v1.02 (Map)

Reviews
20:54, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 7
Don't double post, use
edit.gif
instead
[
edit.gif
] Improve your screen shots please. They make me think that you shot them nearly in the same time. Screen shots are supposed to tell people more about your map

Last edited:
Level 9
from downloading the map and playing with a friend, i can tell that you just took resourses from all over the world, stuffed them together and called it your map. You didnt credit most of the people, some of the spells are not yours. What i seen is credits for icons. The terrain was... well... uncommentable.

keep improving your map and add more of your own stuff instead of other peoples and im sure it will be better. A map preview would be nice. Maps without map previews looks crude and looks done in a few hours.

Initially I was just gathering spell ideas from my gaming encounters for the drafting. Ever since the map was ready for a 3v3 gameplay, I stopped relying on existing ideas. That's why (if you did notice) the map is still lacking a lot of things. I'm trying (to crack my head) my best to input genuine ideas. Icons are just to enhance aesthetic values. I'll come up with my icons sometime in the future.

Level 7
Err... Instant Test and there appears some problems:
- The Multiboard has not been fixed yet. Set the width of the column to at least 6.5 - 7% of the screen.
- With terrain, it's still poor. May you should add more decorative effects/doodads on your map. And place some "border line" for your map too. I hate seeing black trees in unplayable map area.
- Looking at your quest, I... *speechless*. Go and fix it now.
- I still have sight around the taverns after I select Hero. Fix this.
- This game is kinda boring (at least when I play it alone) Add something interesting to it. Yeah, with only 1 lane and 2 creeps in 1 spawning turn.
- Increase the bounty of creeps, or spawn more creeps.
- Forest creeps are way too strong =0
Above are my opinions about your map. There are more things I want to say, but I don't want you to have the thinking of giving up. This map will be good when it got all of it lacks fulfilled. I'm looking forward seeing that day!
Good luck

Re: Super-Sheep
You can always set the exp gain range and exp gain per unit casualty somewhere in the game constant. The exp gain rate and range in the game is intended. It's to make it challenging.

Re: Falzelo
The current standard is just enough for gameplay, but to make it really look good, it will take me some time. Thank you for listing it out. =) I'm changing bit by bit, adding new stuffs every update, so that by the time all the taverns and shops are filled, it would be the final version.