• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Posting Other Projects not releated to Warcraft 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Greetings THW,
I hope all is going well for everyone here in this 2016 year.

As some of you may know, others may not, I have been away.
I wanted to ask if it would be OK for me to post my current projects here on The Hive Workshop.

I'm fairly sure it's OK, but I wanted to ask because it's not related to Warcraft 3.

I have been working on my old Starcraft (1) Maps and updating them.
I loved making my maps 10 years ago and as of last year I really got stuck back into it. I updated 4 of my Map projects so far, and was wanting to make sure if it OK to post them in the Starcraft Nexus Section. I like the work I have done and would really like to show it off to those (if any) who still play Starcraft (1).

The Links I would provide would link to 2 different Sites.
  1. First would be to the Mirror Site, ModDB, like most Players would who post projects.
  2. The second (last) Link would be from the Community where I originally had my maps. StarEdit Network. They are a hosting site like you guys, but then do sc1/sc2 stuff.

I feel that I might be violating the rules here since it's pretty much advertising to 2 other sites, but that's not the case for me since I'm just linking where to download them from.

Let me know what you guys think! Contact me via PM or just reply in this thread.

Take Care & Happy 2016!
- JCarrill0

I guess it's ok to post them in Starcraft Nexus as it is supposed to be for both Sc and Sc2, even if there's the "unrelated to modding these games" part, well there's nowhere else you're supposed to post Sc1 stuff. Just put something like "[Sc1 Maps]" in the title so that people understand what it is.

The use of links you want to do isn't going against the rules, as your intention isn't to advertise for the sites, but to provide download links, more infos on your projects, etc... The only way you would go against the rules is i guess by making useless posts such as "Go on www.mywebsite.com" only to advertise.

Level 16
I guess it's ok to post them in Starcraft Nexus as it is supposed to be for both Sc and Sc2, even if there's the "unrelated to modding these games" part, well there's nowhere else you're supposed to post Sc1 stuff. Just put something like "[Sc1 Maps]" in the title so that people understand what it is.

The use of links you want to do isn't going against the rules, as your intention isn't to advertise for the sites, but to provide download links, more infos on your projects, etc... The only way you would go against the rules is i guess by making useless posts such as "Go on www.mywebsite.com" only to advertise.
Thank you, I appreciate your input and plan to post a few, just spread it out instead of posting them all at once!

We have a Game Development section. I figure it would be a good place to showcase your project.
I will post them there then, Do you mind if I make a Thread in the Starcraft Nexus to perhaps link them to all my Project Threads in Game Development?

Status
Not open for further replies.