• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post Cinematic Black Mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have a map where the opening is a cinematic that follows a flying unit across 1/3 of my map.

After the cinematic I desire for the area it has flown over to be masked.

I have tried using passive neutral as the units team, I have tried using a visibility modifier across the whole map (which oddly enough keeps all the terrain hidden even when explored). Alas that tends to cut into my visibility modifiers i have set for other parts of the map.

Is there a trigger command or something that resets the mini-map to total darkness like starting out fresh and clean?

Level 11
Try this: Set the black mask modifier. Then destroy it. That will probably reset all the terrain you've viewed as non-viewed. Actually, now that I think about since its a modifier, that might not work. Try turning the black mask on/off using Visibility Turn Black Mask On/Off

Level 8
Try this: Set the black mask modifier. Then destroy it. That will probably reset all the terrain you've viewed as non-viewed. Actually, now that I think about since its a modifier, that might not work. Try turning the black mask on/off using Visibility Turn Black Mask On/Off

I did all that, still showed my cinematic seen scenery.

I think "as far as we know, no" is the the real answer.

Thanks to you both though.

Level 27
Replace all the units in the cinematic which belong to you and cause the problem by units that are exactly the same only you set they're sight radius to zero. Because in a cinematic you can view anything anyway so your unit won't need sight radius. At the end of the cinematic you just replace the unit, this would go so quick the player wont even notice.

Level 8
Replace all the units in the cinematic which belong to you and cause the problem by units that are exactly the same only you set they're sight radius to zero. Because in a cinematic you can view anything anyway so your unit won't need sight radius. At the end of the cinematic you just replace the unit, this would go so quick the player wont even notice.

Ah, well that should do the trick, after all the unit I am using is the cinematic version anyways (Flies higher and faster).

This is one thing I didn't think of. Thanks.

Level 4
Or you could use dummys. Make lookalike units with players team collor, but its not really from the players team, and when cinematic is over just replace them with the original units. Or have them to be in another team while flying, and then simply change owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.