• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Possible to zoom into Minimap via Trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey there,

there is an function called:

Camera - Set camera bounds for Player to Region

is there a way to actually zoom into the minimap or out via trigger?
maparea.png

Let's say the whole Minimap is Area1+2+3+4. Now I want to only have the Area 2 to be seen from the whole Minimap. Yes of course with the function I mentioned I can shrink it into the Area2 but the Minimap just looks ugly because it still displays all the Areas regardless if zoomed in or out and the propositions are messed up. I'm talking about the Minimap bottom left not the FOV zone.

If anyone could help me, that would be so awesome.

SOLUTION: [Solved] - Possible to zoom into Minimap via Trigger? Map Example 2 posts below by FeelsGoodMan.

Last edited:
Level 6
@Pyrogasm that was the Idea that I actually had. I saw @Tasyen Threads about Custom UI and his showcase Map, the only problem I face is that, this UI would overlap the minimap and not showing buildings & units on the new Image. Is there a way to make the normal minimap just black and still showing all buildings & units? Then I just could Set the UI-Alpha to a specific value to still show the buildings & units.

And there is still a problem, when I try to copy the code from his Map to mine, his script and folder and his imported assets it would give me a error like this one:
error.png

Blizzard provided a native to set the minimap image, if that works for that case you won't need frames.
native BlzChangeMinimapTerrainTex takes string texFile returns boolean
How would the custom script trigger look if I wanted to do this for an image called example.blp?

Last edited:
You need images of 256x256 then use
JASS:
call BlzChangeMinimapTerrainTex("war3mapImported\\example.blp")
Works like a charm.

Here's an example map for anyone who are still confused about how to do this. Type 1 or 2 to change between minimaps.

Attachments

• Minimap Changing.w3x
    117.4 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.