• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimap Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm working on a map that is half islands and on those islands are tombs that you can go into which take up the other half the map but it looks really ugly cause you can see the inner workings of the map and such.

I can shrink the camera bounds but the minimap still looks wierd. Is there a way I could still keep minimaps of all the tombs and still have the camera look nice

Level 2
Sorry, i could not get the mini map to changed in game. I did test the custom war3mapMap.blp; it needs to be 256 x 256. The size 128 x 128 crashed the game for me (my map was 32 x 32).

There is one hope for you. This function:
Code:
native SetAltMinimapIcon takes string iconPath returns nothing
Perhaps you can set an icon the size of a mini map image and switch it. The only problem I've been having is how to make this function work. I've never seen this function in action so i do not have a single clue how it operates.

Note: most file path defined by in JASS require two \\ instead of one. An example would be:
Code:
[color=#ffffff]Abilities\Spells\Items\AIfb\AIfbSpecialArt.mdl      //wrong string[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Abilities\\Spells\\Items\\AIfb\\AIfbSpecialArt.mdl      //right string[/color]

I believe the true mid point of a map (assuming its perfectly distributed when you expand the map) is x = 0 and y = -260.

//=====================================================
This thread explains what i mean. But like i said, i have no experience with the function SetAltMinimapIcon.
http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?p=836021

Kind of. You could import images to be used as the shop icons on the minimap, then have them overlap the minimap. Theres a trigger to change the path of the special minimap icons, so you can easily use several diffrent ones in-game so long as only one type is used at a time. ~ Tim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.