• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Possible to change hotkeys with new natives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
It has been tested that changing hotkeys is currently not possible.
Was this intentional or not?

The latest patch brought a lot of new natives for spells and units. I'm wondering if it is now possible to change the hotkey of a specific ability through triggering?
It is possible without the new natives, but it's kind of a shitshow. Say that you wanna use the ever-famous (should have been the standard!), QWER keybindings, then "all you need" is 4 copies of each of your spells, with each of the 4 keybindings, and then assigning the spell with the desired keybinding in your trigger.

Like I said... tedious stuff, but it works.

Level 8
Yeah. Alternatively I suppose I could make all spells trigger from dummy channel spells (one for each hotkey) and just modify those.
As long as you avoid using those hotkeys on the actual spells and use batch order IDs not used by any of the spells you have, it should work I guess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.