• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Manipulating Ability hotkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello there,

currently i run into the problem that foreign keyboards have a hard time working with the qwer-hotkey setup i'm currently using in my map. Whats even worse is that in different languages, the hotkeys for the common orders of "move" "attack" and so on overlap with qwer.

Now, i have sift through the new natives, but haven't found a way to change an abilities or units hotkey.

So i would ask if someone knows a way, without creating a bunch of duplicate abilities. And in the case that is unacchieveable i would like to know if there is a way to force the game to give out the same hotkeys for all standard actions, independing of language (like always use "A" for the attack and "M" for the "move" action).

Reforge beta has a hotkey grid mode in which each command card slot has one hotkey. That gird overwrittes the abilities hotkey. Hence that grid might solve your problem.

Edit: Also there is units\commandstrings.txt, you could modify it to your needs and import it to your map to overwrite much of the basic commands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.