• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Possess= dumb ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am using a take over building ability where the caster is hidden (using possess) and after finishes channling and thus taking over the building to be reaplced by the same unit with old's life&mana since the unit is dead after possess u know. Ok it works perfectly with possess, but the sound appearing of buff and ghost sound in the moment of possess pissess me off. This is a future ability and such sounds are way dumb. How to remove them ? The effect sounds are 'none'. I prefer to have no sound not to overlap the sound effects with a louder ability sound.

Level 7
Yo man, thx. I figured it out myself too. But now the ability isnt workin. Ok i use for test 10 seconds of the channeling time (duration - hero and unit). I hide the unit(casting unit) with the ability starting. After 10 seconds the building is owned, the unit is unhidden. Ok it seems there's no way to replace the casting unit so i cr8 1 new with the same life after the ablility finishes. But then there's no way to make the cooldown the same, as a unit is like no cooldown.

Help with fixing a bug causing a crash pls:
If a building is in progress of control being taken over it and dies before it is taken over, the game may crash. What shoould i do to prevent it ?

Level 22
i dont know what to do about nthe cooldown thing :?
but with the crash.

events: unit stats the effect of an ability
actions: set 'unit var' is target unit of ability being cast
set 'other unit var'is casting unit

events: unit dies
conditions: unit is 'var'
actions: order 'other unit var' to stop (issue order without target)

Level 7
Nah Man, MANY problems occur with possess, no cooldown if i make another unit, crashes and if the unit remains is better.

With aerial shackles!!!

EDIT: I make 2 triggers - start ability and finish casting an ability, add 1 variable for casting unit for use in the 2nd trigger, another variable for the target unit of ability being cast foe 2nd trigger and guess!! It works with shackles ! No new units added, no crashes, cooldown, unit just temp hidden, same hp ! Yeah and with shackles as channeling i avoided the WAIT X sec with which you cannot use 'change owner' :D

And if yo've played solo yo know hawks making shackles can be stopped with fiend web, thus if the building gets destroyed the unit appears back even the effect stops earlier than the channeling time! Shackles = perfect!
yo man Thx anyway

Level 7
Na,man just set the damage per sec in stats to 00.00 and you dont damage anything. Then everything works with these 2 variables.

Now im trying a reversed ability and i still havent come up with the right condition and variable. Anyway this time on your own buildings, to change the owner back to previous whatever it was- player or neutral. I dont know how to make the connection,

Wow I made it work! See the --- text to see from how many places you add actions and how many triggers you connect, wow it didnt even took me so much time, i thought how it had to be and it worked) But i forgot that u shouldnt use same base ability for 1 unit for 2nd custom ability. Now both activate and overlap, so i have to use other than shackles channeling spell with target unit.

So i chose Siphon mana.... Will you tell me how when you have set targets allowed: Structure, Friend why does it make: if i select on my building, it says (ingame) 'must target an enemy unit'. If i select on enemy building says' Unable to target enemy units', if i target enemy unit 'Must target a building'(the only hing ok since i want only frindly building). WTF

-------------------------------------------------------
Anyway if i make the targets up work ok, i made 2 triggers for the 2nd ability as well, i used a 5th trigger (1st trigger is my 1st ability starts 2nd finishes, 3rd 2nd ability starts,4th 2nd ability finishes)So 5th is with event: changes owner, I set variable with prev owner= owner of TargetedSystem (variable for target unit of ability..),from 5th trig i turn on Trigger 3 and 4 for the 2nd ability ,1stly trigger 3 and 4 are turned off with map initialization (where i use even other non related actions and)so that they turn on only if the change of owner occurs, and it occurs only if the 1st ability is cast and with its triggers etc. I Add
Unit - Change ownership of TargetedSystem(variable target unit of abil.. set in trigger 1 -the 1st ability's start) to PreviousOwner(this is the variable prev owner from trig 5) and Retain color .. to 3rd trigger of starting 2nd ability
And thats thx to trigger 5 too. Im genius !
Now if you could help me with these targets, i made the triggs working.
---------------------------------------------------
You see how many triggers are connected. Ok but help with the targets.

or give me any other spells that can work like shackles- channeling to use the time for the duration and target to be unit, not point. I checked all and didnt see any except for siphon or life. And without any side effects too.

Level 7
No, i didnt need to make another unit and exclude the 2nd ability to the same unit no way...

Just to tell ya : Stampede, yes even if you selected only Friend,Structure it can still target ground. As u can see from --- text i turnt on the 2nd ability triggers only if the 1st is cast, like you cannot target a building that has always been yours or nothing happens, only a bulding that has been someone else's then has become yours with 1st ability, then you can change it back to previous with stampede. Still, at 1st the problem was that even if you target the ground away from the unit, you control it back to prev owner. So i add a 4th Variable- 'Set AntiTarget=target unit of ability being cast' in the 1st trigger 'Start of the 2nd ability' (stampede). In the 2nd Stampede Trigger, i dont just change back to prev owner, but use this condition, then:

If (((Region centered at (Position of AntiTarget- this is the target of stampede, not 1st ability) with size (10.00, 10.00) 10 is ok cuz if you cast it on a point close to a castle for example that has big radius, nothing happens, only on the unit) contains TargetedSystem -the target from the 1st ability) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Change ownership of TargetedSystem to PreviousOwner and Retain color) else do (Do nothing)

Yes whole 4 variables but it works! Even a 5th trig with what happens if the building dies -it canoot stay hiiden you know. Thank you 3.26 ly.

Now 1 question : The complexity comes from the connection of many triggers. Is this with the 2 triggers worth uploading in 'Spells' as a rather building system control not capture ? because there is a building takeover uploaded where the only thing is casting time 50. the unit doing nothing till then, and then change onwer. You see i have cast time 0, the rest comes from all the triggers. Or mass spam how useless it is , although it's better than already uploaded thing? So ?

Status
Not open for further replies.