• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Portofolio Ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello wonderful people,

I'm not sure if this complies with the rules, but here goes ...

I've learned a bit of 3D in the meantime and this kindled my interest to apply for a job in gaming. I would appreciate any advice/link on how to set up a portofolio that would help me leave an impression.

Peace :vw_love:

Level 17
If you want it to be only portfolio then make it simple and to the point.
If you have no web development knowledge you can make decent looking websites easily with things like Weebly, Wix and Squarespace but they cost money monthly. (there may be a free version but I don't know how much it actually does)

Uploading your work to Sketchfab and/or Youtube can help too.
Though honestly, you only need a few things to prove replying to you won't be a waste of time on their part.
I reckon a good portfolio will help you more with contract work.
If you are applying for a full time job you WILL get an assignment regardless anyway and I have never had anybody actually turn me down even though all I sent was literally crap like this.
I have applied at Bohemia Interactive (Arma/DayZ) and Keen Software House (Space Engineers) previously and it was enough for both to throw me into the selection process.

Some inspirations you can check are:
Everett Gunther
Aneesha Rodé
Daniel Orive

Level 24
If you want it to be only portfolio then make it simple and to the point.
If you have no web development knowledge you can make decent looking websites easily with things like Weebly, Wix and Squarespace but they cost money monthly. (there may be a free version but I don't know how much it actually does)

Uploading your work to Sketchfab and/or Youtube can help too.
Though honestly, you only need a few things to prove replying to you won't be a waste of time on their part.
I reckon a good portfolio will help you more with contract work.
If you are applying for a full time job you WILL get an assignment regardless anyway and I have never had anybody actually turn me down even though all I sent was literally crap like this.
I have applied at Bohemia Interactive (Arma/DayZ) and Keen Software House (Space Engineers) previously and it was enough for both to throw me into the selection process.

Some inspirations you can check are:
Everett Gunther
Aneesha Rodé
Daniel Orive

Definitely more than I asked for. It'll put me on the right track.

By the way, your game assets are awesome. Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.