• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Portal system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello People!
ATM the site is using a portal system called IMPortal. This system makes the blocks to the left (which are not shown atm) but also makes some errors in the maps section and any other section than the /forum/ folder. So I was wondering if you people would think it was OK to just have a frontpage with news and blocks but only blocks at the front page.. ??

Level 12
I am all confused, it is darker and thus harder to read my texts as well as the indigo user.

Level 36
Well, I actually really liked the two columns along the side, as they were useful and convenient, but whatever you guys think is best for the site I will go with. I've been using IMportal on my site since you guys recommended it, it's a site for Halo mods and machinima that I make, and I love it. I find that it's the simplest to use (perhaps a RoR setup, which I might use in the future) and it hasen't brought me many errors yet. as well, you can write a portal system yourself pretty easily (for displaying news conetnt that is), I know that there are tutorials for it on the net, if you would like tyo go that way, but whatever. You guys do what you need to do to make this site run the best and I'll agree with it.

Level 36
:D thats why wen I installed I ddn't have a root directory like /forum, I just put it directly on, making my links shorter and possibly solving that problem, unless I make a folder that is outside of integramod and it somehow conflicts wit it...but that hasen't happened yet...dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.