• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Populous Remake : Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello
I'm about to do a wc3 remake of one of my favorite childhood game : Populous the beginning.
For those who don't know the game, it's a rts with only one race, where Brave are your worker, and you train them to become fighting unit, such as warrior, spy, preacher, and more. You also have an immortal shaman, once she die, she revive at her Resurection Circle after few minutes. Each tribe has only one shaman. Shaman can cast powerful spell. It can be a small blast, hypnotize ennemy so they fight by your side for a short time, call down a lightning strike, or even create a volcano in the middle of ennemy base.
To aquire these spell, you must fight ennemy tribe in each map and steal to them one of their knowledge by sending your shaman to their vault of knowledge. Knowledge can be a spell, or a building which allow you to train new unit.

So about my remake, maybe some of you saw my terrain map request, here is the why I want these specific detail in the map :
1: It will be the main base for each team of three player.
2: Once your team acquire a new knowledge, a vault of knowledge will be spawn there. You must defend it or ennemy can steal it from you, so theyll be able to use it, but you wont be able until you get it back.
3: It will be the battlefield, place you will explore, etc..
4: Those dead end will serve a specific role. Every few minute, a vault of knowledge will be spawn in one of those dead end. No one knows where it will be spawn, but you do will know when it will be spawn. Once you get the knowledge inside, you can use it as your wish, until someone steal it from your vault of knowledge (placed in the area mentionned in point#2)
5: As said in the request, it will be the main ressource of the game. If possible, some spot with lot of tree outside of the base.
6: In this square, I'll put units representing the knowledge you own, it is necessary as requirement to use spell or build building.
7: That circle of stone is the place where your shaman will revive

So that's about it, if you have any other question, please ask them here.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.