1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pooooooooooh Bear

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by Azurot, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Azurot

Azurot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just thought I'd release some stuff to keep all y'all interested in me.

Or something like that.

Attached Files:

2. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont frequent the terrain forum much but this one appeals to me for some reason.

Out of curiosity, what doodad did you use for the distant wall in the first pic?
    Also what fog colour did you use?

3. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really like the 2nd one but I don't really like the ferns but that just might be me.

4. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Those ferns stick out more then they should.

5. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like them, great atmosphere!

6. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I love the choice of fog, the lighting in the second one is perfectly sublime. I'd have to side with my colleagues about the ferns though. And revise the foreground just a tad, a few grass-models appears to be floating and the lefthand rock could be lowered a bit as well.
    Not a single model, it's a construction. I'd say Wall End Short (Cityspcape) and Column Broken (Dalaran Ruins).

7. Azurot

Azurot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Working on fixing the grass models. Thank Flad ;)

I'm open to fixing the ferns too; are you guys thinking a tint-job with less ferns all around, or do you mean they are too high/stick out of the ground to much?

Kino: I'd love to help you figure out the exact terrain fog, but I changed the fog a little bit after I made it. However, the closest I could come was something along the lines of 195,175,75, and I obviously made it a very thick fog with 0 z start and 3000 z end.
    Btw, I love your terrains to death, I wouldn't be surprised if you very profoundly inspired me to make this kind of atmosphere.

8. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I dont need an approximation, so that answer works fine.

Really? I havent done nay show terrains in like 2 years. XD

9. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Love the fog, don't like the trees.
    Ok I am interested!

10. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I find these terrains to be below your usual standard of greatness, Azurot.
    - Surely you cannot have done them fullheartedly?

Right away I will disregard the first one as being the poorest, and continue onto the latter, as it does look tenfolds better to my eyes. While I love the lighting effects and the background, I must say there seem to be extremely little variation and detail to this work, I'd like to see at least one or two more grass models used.. Or when coming to think of it, that really just applies for all the brush of the terrain, be it trees, grass and foliage.

I must also comment that I dislike your usage of models in general, there are som many more great doodads to be used. Furthermore, what takes most of that "wilderness" feeling away for me is the fact that everything seems lined up and planned, with similar gaps between each stone, grass and foliage, and the fact that most of the things in the terrain looks copied and pasted. I also want to point out that while I love tilted camera angles, I do not approve of the overly tiltasion of it, you should slacken up the tilt and make it less apparent, or less "sharply" tilted, for that matter.

I would love to see something similar from the first one in the second one, some kind of ruin or graveyard to catch the attention, as a center of focus is near to completely non-existing in the second view. What I'd also love to see is a river and waterfall, preferable starting from the right side and snaking its way to the left side between the foreground trees and the background trees, to give the terrain more of a living feel.

I see some potential in this terrain if you can force yourself into working just a tad more on it, taking in the advices given by your fellow terrainers.

Good luck! :)