• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pooooooooooh Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Just thought I'd release some stuff to keep all y'all interested in me.

Or something like that.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_102011_224114_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_102011_224114_01.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 232
  • WC3ScrnShot_102011_223310_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_102011_223310_02.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 242
Level 13
I really like the 2nd one but I don't really like the ferns but that just might be me.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I love the choice of fog, the lighting in the second one is perfectly sublime. I'd have to side with my colleagues about the ferns though. And revise the foreground just a tad, a few grass-models appears to be floating and the lefthand rock could be lowered a bit as well.
Out of curiosity, what doodad did you use for the distant wall in the first pic?
Not a single model, it's a construction. I'd say Wall End Short (Cityspcape) and Column Broken (Dalaran Ruins).

Level 14
Working on fixing the grass models. Thank Flad ;)

I'm open to fixing the ferns too; are you guys thinking a tint-job with less ferns all around, or do you mean they are too high/stick out of the ground to much?

Kino: I'd love to help you figure out the exact terrain fog, but I changed the fog a little bit after I made it. However, the closest I could come was something along the lines of 195,175,75, and I obviously made it a very thick fog with 0 z start and 3000 z end.
Btw, I love your terrains to death, I wouldn't be surprised if you very profoundly inspired me to make this kind of atmosphere.

Level 23
Kino: I'd love to help you figure out the exact terrain fog, but I changed the fog a little bit after I made it. However, the closest I could come was something along the lines of 195,175,75, and I obviously made it a very thick fog with 0 z start and 3000 z end.

Well I dont need an approximation, so that answer works fine.

Btw, I love your terrains to death, I wouldn't be surprised if you very profoundly inspired me to make this kind of atmosphere.

Really? I havent done nay show terrains in like 2 years. XD

Level 36
I find these terrains to be below your usual standard of greatness, Azurot.
- Surely you cannot have done them fullheartedly?

Right away I will disregard the first one as being the poorest, and continue onto the latter, as it does look tenfolds better to my eyes. While I love the lighting effects and the background, I must say there seem to be extremely little variation and detail to this work, I'd like to see at least one or two more grass models used.. Or when coming to think of it, that really just applies for all the brush of the terrain, be it trees, grass and foliage.

I must also comment that I dislike your usage of models in general, there are som many more great doodads to be used. Furthermore, what takes most of that "wilderness" feeling away for me is the fact that everything seems lined up and planned, with similar gaps between each stone, grass and foliage, and the fact that most of the things in the terrain looks copied and pasted. I also want to point out that while I love tilted camera angles, I do not approve of the overly tiltasion of it, you should slacken up the tilt and make it less apparent, or less "sharply" tilted, for that matter.

I would love to see something similar from the first one in the second one, some kind of ruin or graveyard to catch the attention, as a center of focus is near to completely non-existing in the second view. What I'd also love to see is a river and waterfall, preferable starting from the right side and snaking its way to the left side between the foreground trees and the background trees, to give the terrain more of a living feel.

I see some potential in this terrain if you can force yourself into working just a tad more on it, taking in the advices given by your fellow terrainers.

Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.