• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pondering divulging of Hive 2 screenshots | "Oasis and Desert 2" | Dreamhack Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
If you were wondering, we have made "Hive's Core" and "Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft" sub-forums. This is because of their inactivity, but they're still there and you can still post. But, as you may have noticed, we also have a new WarCraft III hosted map: "Oasis and Desert 2", by bowser499. Our maps moderator, Vengeancekael, is responsible for writing the news article below the horizontal gray line.
To make up one hundred percent of the room to bowser's new undertaking, I'll be writing here those which would be closing notes; there are three of them.
  1. First, remember that we are accepting criticism on our notices at all times.
  2. Second, for those who haven't read my posts on our Site Discussion, I've been pondering the divulging of screenshots of our Hive 2, but I'm waiting for Archian for the time being, so as to avoid breaking any secrecy he and/or Ralle may have liked to maintain.
  3. Finally, we have not formally announced it because of the horrendous schedule, but there's a live broadcast of StarCraft II action at DreamHack TV (at the time of this post), it's the «DreamHack Winter» event.
  4. {EDIT} You may want to leave criticism in the project forum, not the chat ;)

107794d1320282441-hive-banner-contest-hive-workshop2.png

Project News...

This small batch of news will be spotlighting our new hosted project, Oasis and Desert 2. [Being made by bowser499]
Oasis and Desert 2 is a mix of AoS, Arena, Domination and RPG with AoS as the primary genre. In AoS mode, the primary objective is to destroy the enemy base, secondary is to complete all the secret quests to get stronger creeps. In Domination mode, the primary objective is to get more domination points than your enemies. Also the Rusher Mode will be included as the hardcore mix of AoS and RPG. You must turn the invincibility of each enemy tower off and your tower's on by capturing the temple center with the Rushers - special units (Spirits of the Temple). Rushers are controlled by the captains of each team - the rest must defend weak rushers from the income injuries. When it is night, Rushers can capture the temple. If it is day, you have time to crush the towers.
Story:

<<The deep past. The Universe has no fantasy worlds - there are only the Great Desert and the Great Oasis. In the Great Desert you would see cruel and deathbringing forces. The Great Oasis is a place where you would see many lifebringing and justiceful forces. That sides were in the unstoppable war.
One day the creature has came to that world. It called himself the Balance Dominator. It was very powerful. And to stop the bloody war between the Desert and Oasis Gods it locked them into two spheres. It sayed that after the Three Worlds will be formed, a man will come in that place and continue the Epic War.
The Dominator is in another world now. No one saw it. No one heard it.
The Great Desert is now divided with the Great Oasis because of the big earthquake caused by the Dominator. But the forces made bridges to cross the hole but be careful not to fall down where a real monstrosity waiting for you.>>

Features:
  • Elemental System bringing the custom battle extensions - every hero have his own primary and secondary element and an elemental stats that can widely extend the stats of Warcraft bringing more variants and strategies of what to increase for each hero.
  • Combos System that will allow to make a combinations of abilities of each hero. So, the hero has 4 abilities and can combinate up to 6 new ones. That will extend strategy.
  • Hero Pick System. A very accessible inventory system with a very special UI.
  • Temple Inhabitants. There is a race that will prevent every side from being too relaxed and focused only on the enemy heroes because it can evolve and rush the bases to destroy them if they won't be attacked and owned earlier. So watch your step...
  • Lane Creeps Affecting. You can affect some parameters of the lane creeps by using the main building. You can affect the melee and ranged creeps including adding them the runes' magic.

Screenshots:
105761d1314951589-oad-reborn-landscr1.jpg

105762d1314951589-oad-reborn-landscr2.jpg

105763d1314951589-oad-reborn-landscr3.jpg

105764d1314951589-oad-reborn-landscr4.jpg

105765d1314951589-oad-reborn-landscr5.jpg

105766d1314951611-oad-reborn-landscr6.jpg

105767d1314951611-oad-reborn-landscr7.jpg

archdruidess.jpg

bers_rogue.jpg

cosmosmage.jpg

drakonai.jpg

gnoll.jpg

lightningwarrior.jpg

primalsting.jpg

ranger.jpg

Soundtracks:
» Main Theme
» Evil Sands
[/stable]

Be sure to check out the map's forums and to give bowser499 some positive feedback!

Links:
» Project Forums
» About
» Videos
» Gallery

Last edited:
Level 22
K. I just have to rage a bit now. Hope you all don't mind.

How did "oad" get a hosted project? It's an AoS, with not so stellar terrain, not so stellar models, and a terrible presentation. I couldn't understand anything it said on the hosted page, nor could I tell what kind of game it was. It took Orcnet saying "cool aos" for me to finally figure it out. The only part of the map I see that screams DC is PeeKay's awesome icons. What am I missing here? Because I know the THW hierarchy are too stern to allow a shitty map into the hosted projects section.

No offense at all to the creator, I've never even finished a map, so I'm not trying to be a prick. I just want to understand how this is in the ranks with Gaia's Ret and Paranoia...

Status
Not open for further replies.