• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Polimorph changing unit type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How can i do for change if an unit can fly or not?
so casting the ability of pholimorph will change the specified unit into a bird, and then making him fly too so him can fly above the walls water, etc..
Thx..

see ya.

Level 24
How can i do for change if an unit can fly or not?
so casting the ability of pholimorph will change the specified unit into a bird, and then making him fly too so him can fly above the walls water, etc..
Thx..

see ya.

actually, polymorph will turn flying units into flying sheep (at the default settings). a very simple possibility is that you're targeting a unit that you think has flying movement type but really doesn't. it's also possible that you need to change the unit's value for the field Combat - Targeted As to include Air and not include Ground. another possibility i can think of is that you need to change the field in polymorph Data - Morph Units - Air to a unit that can fly.
by the way, hex and polymorph have identical fields when they are the same ability type (Hero V Non-hero), so changing it wouldn't exactly help.

Level 24
the "random unit" is actually just one of several that are inputted as possibilities that could be used. you can change the allowed units.

Level 5
I know, I was referring to Ham's post.

If you want multiple polymorphing units on your spell, use the Hex instead of the Polymorph as base spell.
On the Hex you can chose one diferent type of unit polymorphed when casting on ground units, sea units, air units, etc....

He made it sound like you could use Hex to pick different units or something, and that Hex was the only spell (not Polymorph) that altered units based on their movement methods.

Level 24
He made it sound like you could use Hex to pick different units or something, and that Hex was the only spell (not Polymorph) that altered units based on their movement methods.

ah, right. what i meant (and forgot to mention) was that you could change the selection to only have one unit in each field, thus negating the random-pick.

Level 2
what u said, i allready tried it with the hex spell.. i changed the aviable targets for only to ground and the morpthed init into a bird, the amount of units it randomly choose, doesnt matter because all are falyng ones, but for if i am worng i only set one, so no errors can be made.. i also used triggers like:

a hero csat a spell

spell equal to hex

set unit type to flying ones, etc...

and it didnt did any effect..

PD: i will use the spell book system so i will make 3 hex spells and put them in it, one of them will turn units into birds*, the other into fishis(anfibious), etc...

THX!

Level 24
um, you can use one to do all three. at its default it only uses the appropriate field when you target a unit, ie: if you hit a footman, it won't turn into an amphibious or flying sheep, if you hit a gryphon it won't turn into a normal or amphibious sheep, and if you hit a naga it won't turn into a flying or normal sheep.

Level 2
.... I think that noone understands my.. i know all that, but waht i want is to transform an ground* unit into a flying* unit with the hex so i need 3 spells, because i need one for change a ground* unit into a flying* ona, another for flying to ground , ground to amphibious, etc...
I hope that you understood it now..

see ya

Level 24
OH, you want it to to do something like hit a footman and turn it into a flying sheep? yeah, you would need a spell book to do it with "one" ability.

Level 8
Well you could do an added-removed ability depending on unit movement type...

I mean when he gets hit with the ability it does zilch but gives the target a metamorph abil depending on move type that is removed after triggered cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.