• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Pokemon summon/unsummon system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i played a few pokemon maps before on bnet and I'm confused on how the system works, can someone show me a way to do it wit dialogs?

Basically I have 2 dummy skills (summon, unsummon) which activate the dialog when click.
How do I make the wc3 check for which slots has pokemon so it doesn't display blank buttons?
If i want to add a variable that determines how many pokemon can be summon at once how can I do that? (variable can be modify by triggers during game play)

And how to make it MUI?

I have no clue how JASS works so please explain if u decide to make a JASS system.

PS. If i wanna add fire to the tail of a dinosaur model how can i do that?

Last edited:
Level 29
Basically I have 2 dummy skills (summon, unsummon) which activate the dialog when click.
How do I make the wc3 check for which slots has pokemon so it doesn't display blank buttons?
If i want to add a variable that determines how many pokemon can be summon at once how can I do that? (variable can be modify by triggers during game play)

And how to make it MUI?

You make all your pokemon items be a unique type of items, so for example all your pokemon balls will be Quest Items and all the rest of your potions/armors/weapons/whatever WON'T be Quest Items.

Now you create a loop that checks if there is a Quest Item in each slot and if there is, it will create a button in the dialog with the item's name.

Im not really sure if this can be MUI in GUI but it can easly be MPI.

PS. If i wanna add fire to the tail of a dinosaur model how can i do that?

You need the model to have a attachment point on his tail (ask the creator if it has, and what it's name is), and attach a special effect to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.