• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, i'm currently making my own pokemon map (I know, pokemon is lame, yada yada) that i'm hoping to release on the B/W opening. but the one thing all my friends have said about other pokemon maps on warcraft is that the pokemon look nothing like actual pokemon (e.g. Alakazam used the model of Volljin) and that if I was to make one, I needed to get pokemon Models.

Anyways, I looke and looked but I couldn't find a thing!
I played one game where it had some models that were the actual pokemon (ghastly and lapras were two examples) so I know models are out there! But sadly, that game could not be edited.

Please post any models/skins of pokemon that I can use. it would be much appreciated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here's the link to the RPG game, but it isn't finished so, I dunno why i'm putting it here now, but meh!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/pokemon-rpg-170676/#post1622114

Last edited:
Level 3
please provide a screenshot of the type of pokemon u wants
and did u search the models section ?

I want any and all pokemon models, that's the thing. i don't think sending over 497 screenshots would be a good idea. but I can send a list of pokemon in one small list:

here it is - it is so big that I just put in the direct link to it (I have no idea how to use the "hidden" tag URL="http://gamezplay.fileave.com/Pokemon-Sprites.gif"]http://gamezplay.fileave.com/Pokemon-Sprites.gif[/URL]

as for checking the models section, all I found was a pokeball (which, by the way, I didn't ask for as I got it off there already)

--------------------------------------------------------------

but why do you ask for a screenshot?

Last edited:
Level 8
I want any and all pokemon models, that's the thing. i don't think sending over 497 screenshots would be a good idea. but I can send a list of pokemon in one small list

oh, wait I don't know how. how do you attach a file (i'm no editor noob, but I have no idea how to use the features of this site)

as for checking the models section, all I found was a pokeball (which, by the way, I didn't ask for as I got it off there already)

--------------------------------------------------------------

but why do you ask for a screenshot?

i asked for a screenshot as modelers wants to see wad they are supposed to do ...
and since u said u onli found a pokeball then wads this ?
-metapod
-kakuna
-beedrill
-bulbasaur
-charmander
-pikachu
-onix
wads all tat then ?

and yes for huge image liike tat plz use the hidden tag ...

Level 31
I want any and all pokemon models, that's the thing

Hahaha you want all Pokemon models?
That's at least 150 models for only the first generation.
When we say each of them takes 1 week to do (very short time, it can take much longer) than we would have 150 weeks - 38 months - more then 3 years.

You can be very happy if someone does 1 pokemon model for you.

Level 8
When we say each of them takes 1 week to do (very short time, it can take much longer) than we would have 150 weeks - 38 months - more then 3 years.

chilla ...he means he wants all and i gather from that he means he wanst all kinds from pokemon red(is it the first one?) all the way till diamond(is it the current one ??) so i think u are looking at making 400~500 models ...

Level 13
Red is actually quite new. The first was silver I think. And Diamond is not the newest. I think...

Level 3
I know what you mean.....

I know what you're saying, and I am, but I am essentially starting from scratch and my project is HUGE

also I was hoping this thread could (I don't mean for anyone to make this happen now or anything) that this thread could become like a median for anyone else doing a project similar to mine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Etzer - you have it wrong, Red and Blue were first, then yellow, silver+gold, crystal, ruby+saphire, FIRE-Red and LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond and Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold+Soul Silver, and now, soon to be released, Black and White (LOL, i'm a nerd)

Last edited:
Level 3
i wanted this to be a median for anyone doing any pokemon warcraft mixmatches, but now its dead, it might as well be closed now

Level 12
Red is actually quite new. The first was silver I think. And Diamond is not the newest. I think...

BTW FireRed was a rerelease of the GameBoy Black and White game Pokemon Red, dont know since when Black and White Game boys game before the NDS :p

LOL
1st gen Red/Blue/Yellow/Green
2nd gen Silver/Gold/Crystal
3rd gen Ruby/Saphire/emerald
4th gen Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
5th gen Black/White (WIP)

Weren't Red and Green the same thing, just Green released in japan and Red released in the US (or is it blue).

Anyways there's pretty much no way your going to be able to fit every single model in the wc3 and still have a reasonable filesize. I'd suggest finding all the ones you can use in game models for and making a list of them before you start putting out requests.

Also it's probably best to stick with 1 generation, as of course that cuts down on the file-size even more.

Level 12
Weren't Red and Green the same thing, just Green released in japan and Red released in the US (or is it blue).

Anyways there's pretty much no way your going to be able to fit every single model in the wc3 and still have a reasonable filesize. I'd suggest finding all the ones you can use in game models for and making a list of them before you start putting out requests.

Also it's probably best to stick with 1 generation, as of course that cuts down on the file-size even more.

actualy, Green was released only in japan but is the same as Red/Yellow/Blue :p

but they got all 4 versions :D

Level 13
and blue. Because to my Gameboy Advanced I have Blue (with that blue aquathing), and I got it when it was newly released in 2005, that was AFTER silver and golden.

Level 3
lol

yeah, thanks guys for posting new models, if i get the time i will edit my first post to add all the links to them (that way people can use them)

Status
Not open for further replies.