• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poisoned Gold

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: drakexx
My first melee map on hive

Team-Play map u share a platform with a friend in this forsaken and corrupted lands
with a free to take gold mine nearby u can easly expand but your friend might want the gold too :)
play smart and dont rush to the central goldmines to fast it might become the beginning of ur end.
also a tavern can be found just outside your base hiring the right hero might also give u a higher chance to win

made on felwood terrain (sry for my bad terraining)

this map contains:
8 goldmines with 12500 gold (starting positions)
lvl 21 groups

4 goldmines with 15000 gold
unprotected

4 goldmines with 50000 gold
lvl 37 groups

8 fountains of mana
lvl 27 groups

4 taverns
unprotected

basic lvl 5 group for each player

update 1.1: added author name tried to improve discription but i personnaly think its ok

update 1.2: tried to improve terraining created more place for troops to pass added some doodads and larger starting areas changed discription lil bit

Keywords:
melee, felwood, satyr, corrupted, corruption, team, team-play, teamplay, team play, poison, poisoned
Contents

Poisoned Gold (Map)

Reviews
16:28, 11th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected (until updated) Broken Rules: / Comment

M

16:28, 11th Jan 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Rejected (until updated)
Broken Rules:
/
Comment

Level 5
the terrain looks bad, some places are really empty, other places are hard to mobilize the troops.

and im thinking, its better let one fool lost his entire army trying to take one of this goldmines in the center, and steal it from him, than try to take it by yourself dont you think?

Level 5
the terrain looks bad, some places are really empty, other places are hard to mobilize the troops.
yeah i know but i got to say i created the whole map today and didnt really worked on perfection and like i said my terraining skills arent good.

edit: ill try to remove some water to get more place for troops to pass and il add some more doodads

Level 9
I think that, poor description aside, you have understood the meaning of having symmetry in melee maps.You will improve if you practice.

Now in your description you must have:
details of your map -you have that
screenshots of your map- you don't have those
gameplay/hints- melee maps only need hints , which you haven't put
description of the place/location - basically the scenario editor description
For now my Rating:N/A

Level 5
I think that, poor description aside, you have understood the meaning of having symmetry in melee maps.You will improve if you practice.

il get a screenie, but i dont get what u mean with "hints" if some1 could explain me that il be able to improve (sry if this question may sound noobish but this is my first melee map and on my other maps (all disaproved) no1 said anything about that)

Level 5

screenshots for a melee map? is this really necessary?

Moderation

Poisoned Gold
Created by Limuka ; Uploaded by: limuka

Can you upload some screenshots to your map description, you will present your map better that way.

Other that that we have problem here, map is empty, you miss doodads buddy! Large number of them, some tiles as well, and because this is melee map I can't approve it in this condition!

Please add improve map, fix that 50.000 gold per gold mine (don't go over 20.000 please) and item drops!
Add some more eutral hostile units (try with neutral camps this time)

For now Rejected (until updated) (Please don't wait to much after month or more it will be rejected)
Have a nice day!

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/