• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poem to Sky 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Pretty much.

Attachments

• Poem to Sky 2.0.png
    Poem to Sky 2.0.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 284
Level 34
Great work. Lighting and composition are right up there with your best.

Is it supposed to be a lens flare? It doesn't look like one to me, but I like it regardless.

Level 36
They're not, he's there taking the shot.

-

That said, I can't say I fully agree with my colleagues here. I mean, the sky is top notch,
like pretty much every terrain you make, but for once I find the unit model a little...
awkward. She doesn't look naturally harmonious with the rest of the terrain, and that's
probably because while she does loop a "sitting" animation, she doesn't look like she's
sitting, she looks uncomfortable.

Also, I'm not sure about the shrubs and grass, whether it's just that it's a bit too green
for my taste, or that it is that those models simply doesn't fit with the rest of the
terrain, quality-wise. I'd suggest tinting the grass, and adding a tree stump or something
for her to lean against.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
<3 thanks.

Is it supposed to be a lens flare? It doesn't look like one to me, but I like it regardless.
Yeah. I tried doing a lens flare in GIMP and recreate the effect in the editor. I think it's the transparency that kills it, but yeah well.

but for once I find the unit model a little...
awkward.
For once. ;}

She doesn't look naturally harmonious with the rest of the terrain, and that's probably because while she does loop a "sitting" animation, she doesn't look like she's sitting, she looks uncomfortable.
Yeah the animation is super awkward. I figured I could hide it by having her back towards the camera, but she still looks a little constipated.

Also, I'm not sure about the shrubs and grass, whether it's just that it's a bit too green for my taste, or that it is that those models simply doesn't fit with the rest of the terrain, quality-wise. I'd suggest tinting the grass, and adding a tree stump or something for her to lean against.
I grappled with the grass colour for ages. Shit just wouldn't fit the scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.