• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

plox help me to fix jump ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
first of all i need to do this ability myself because jumps from the spell section dont work propley, let u fly via pahted areas or create desyncs.

I have made jump ability most of its triggers. its simply. you target point b if point b isnt walkable u cant jump if its walkable you jump ur hero goes into air then quickly reachs point b knockbacking all the enemies around. but i am missing one feature my hero is able to fly throught the dooads or rocks and i dont want it to happen. idk how to fix it, what i mean is

unknown.png

if a dooad is on the way of fly distance then hero should stop at this dooad and not be able to reach throught blocked area. he must not be able to fly throught blocked area. It also shouldnt count units! he should be able to fly throught units if thats possible

there are my triggers i made

upload_2020-5-14_0-56-7.png

walkablity check

upload_2020-5-14_0-55-44.png

upload_2020-5-14_0-56-34.png

upload_2020-5-14_0-56-59.png

upload_2020-5-14_0-57-19.png

everything works fine except i dont know how to make it be able to not let you fly throught rocks/ dooads. there is also another issue sometimes when i use it on walkable area it wont let me jump!
here i attach the map if u want to check it out you must find gimli and choose leap with him

upload_2020-5-14_0-58-1.png

Attachments

• kupa.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Level 28
everything works fine except i dont know how to make it be able to not let you fly throught rocks/ dooads.
This is just an idea : You could pick all doodads within angle from casting unit to target point of ability being cast and check if they are alive or not. Although, this only works on destructible, not sure about doodads as there is no way to detect them, unless you place path blockers on them.

Level 11
This is just an idea : You could pick all doodads within angle from casting unit to target point of ability being cast and check if they are alive or not. Although, this only works on destructible, not sure about doodads as there is no way to detect them, unless you place path blockers on them.
Nah not good idea wont work propley someone said to use item to check for pathning but i got no idea how and where

Level 3
Did some sort of solution. (Quick and dirty, so you might have to check it).

- removed waits (using a counter instead)
- Set a threshold for the item placement (the item placement seems to be in quarters (0.250) so the exact location wasn't triggering it)
- changed the periodic event to .03 (was not smooth for me before)
- The spell now goes directly to the final effect if it collides with a doodad or something.
- Changed a bit in the triggers for easier understanding for me (ask if you dont understand something)

Attachments

• kupa.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Level 11

- Set a threshold for the item placement (the item placement seems to be in quarters (0.250) so the exact location wasn't triggering it)
- The spell now goes directly to the final effect if it collides with a doodad or something.
- Changed a bit in the triggers for easier understanding for me (ask if you dont understand something)
Nice i will check it soon but did u prevent it from jumping over rock? I mean even if hero targets empty area he should stop if he meets rock at his distance

Level 11

never mind i checked it it works perfectly!

upload_2020-5-14_22-8-18.png

i have one more question do i need to remove the newLoc after trigger is jumped off?

Level 3
k so all locations are removed after trigger is turned off and gimli landed but is that enought? i dont excatly understant it doesnt it create 999999 locations every 0.3? or i need to remove them before turning off?
it creates one location every 0.03 seconds, but use RemoveLocation at the end of the trigger, or before you set it to a new value

Status
Not open for further replies.