• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Cinematic] Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
After my first cinematic was so thoroughly rejected (rated 2.5 out of 5) i realised that im no good at cinematics.

View attachment WoT Cinematic.w3x

This is the map. Its bad, i know, right? I thought it was fine, but, oh well. Now, i would really like some tips on how to improve it. If anyone can help me, i would really appreciate it, please.

Btw, if im not allowed to do this, please tell me, because i couldnt find any rule that said i couldnt. ok.

Level 3
This is a review made by LordKalla. I hope you appreciate it :)

The Wheel of Time is made by Blackhoof. Its inspired of a book that i havent read, but i will review the cinematic anyways.

[/] The grammer was not very bad, but there were some misspellings here and there.
[-] The Healing Wave spell sound kept on going forever in the rest of the cinematic! Fix this, its annoying.
[-] The Camera was way too static. No movement at all, which made the scenes unattractive to watch.
[-] There was little to no tile variation. It made the terrain boring to look at. Also smooth the hills and stay away from Blizzard Cliffs. They look very bad.
[-] In the first scene, it looked like you just spammed 1 type of house, which also ruined the terrain. Try making a city instead of just the same houses on a line with no tile or height variation

All in all you need to fix all the red things before i would like to approve this. Thank you for reading :)

• The camera should always be moving
  • The camera angles are bad, fix them
  • The terrain is empty
  • Don't use blizzard cliffs, use the heighten tool
  • Stop the healing ray sounds when the spell is finished
  • The terrain is flat at some points
  • A few typos
  • Don't spam cinematic effects
  • Use the Ultimate terraining map to make beautiful landscapes etc with thousands of custom doodads/models
  • Add custom music, a cinematic can be as big as you want

Do the things I've mentioned above and it may become a little better. Below is the ultimate terraining map.

Attachments

• The Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.