• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

PLEASE HELP:SPELL DAMAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
FIRST OF ALL HOW CAN I CREATE A SPELL THAT DAMAGES ENEMIES IN AN AREA.I CREATE THE DUMMY SPELL THAT DOES 0 DAMAGE AND AFTER THAT I PICK UNITS THAT ARE NEAR THE CASTING UNIT AND SET THEIR HEALTH TO THEIR HEALTH - DAMAGE BUT IT DOES NO DAMAGE AT ALL.WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO AND TELL ME HOW TO CREATE A SPELL THAT DOES DAMAGE TO THE ENEMY YOU SELECT(ONLY ONE).

Level 11
First of all, writting only in caps is against the rules. Keep that in mind.

Secondly, just use a spell which targets an AoE but does nothing. You can use for example cloud which doesn't prevent any damage, lasts 0.01 seconds and hits nobody. As for triggers, (Pick Up Every Unit Within (Target Point of Ability) offset by (your AoE) Matching Conditions (matching Unit Belong to an Enemy of (Casting Unit) equal to true) and do actions
- Create One Dummy Unit at (Position of (Picked Unit)) for (Owner of (Casting Unit))
- Set 1.00 expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)
- Order (Last Created Unit) to Damage (Picked Unit) for (YourDamage), using Magical attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.